I am ready to start my eddie project...'94 | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I am ready to start my eddie project...'94

I think the one vehicle does that THE MOST, are Prius owners.

Hands down the most 'Look, I drive one too' vehicle owners..

I just wish they would realize that they are actually WORSE for the environment than say a Ford Explorer, or F-150

Ryan

If I had to drive a Prius I would hang out with other Prius owners just for the added protection :p:

Ever watch Jeff Dunham? :D

Your explorer looks nice JGarrison. Can't wait to lift mine but I think I may buy another one soon. I was looking at one here on the forums for $600 and there is one just like it here in town for $1,000. Same as mine just green. If I buy it I would let my brother drive it, That's the plan because he cannot afford to buy it. But... He has a job and I don't *facepalm*

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

how are they worse for the environment?

The multiple batteries that they use for the electric engine get used up over time and wind up in a landfill somewhere.

Not only that but the prius gas millage is a joke. A common euro diesel car gets twice the millage. Even twin turbo v8 diesels get 49mpg.

Nice Explorer JGarrison. I am now on my 2nd explorer, and the first one had a 2" suspension and a 3" body lift. The 94 xlt I have now has a 4" kit on it and i don't regret going all suspension lift underneath it.

Man your X is looking pretty boss. I cant wait to get started on mine also. First i gotta do a complete 2wd-4wd conversion. Yea i know :crazy: I hate cars with sentimental value...you always feel guilty when getting rid of them, thats why im just doing the conversion....

{off topic}

The way the Nickel is mined is VERY dirty. And even worse yet, the manufacturing of theNiMh batteries is even more dirty. It creates a lot of waste, and environmental damaging byproducts in the process.

ONCE they are made, they are okay....but if I REALLY cared about the environment enough to buy a new car that was 'environmentally friendly' I would buy a VW TDI and get 55+mpg...and look cool doing it...

Ryan

Man your X is looking pretty boss. I cant wait to get started on mine also. First i gotta do a complete 2wd-4wd conversion. Yea i know :crazy: I hate cars with sentimental value...you always feel guilty when getting rid of them, thats why im just doing the conversion....

Doin the same here man.

removed head liner and redid the fabric put back in but really does not match the good a lot lighter......ford said it was the one right one for my color interior

Attachments

• 0116001531.jpg
    0116001531.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 906

Yea they gave you the yellowy tan color when you needed the more greyish tan color.

From what I have seen there are 4 colors in the 1st gens. Red (it looks good with black :D). blue, tan, and gray. The later 1st gens (93-94), I believe, only used gray and tan. Our tan is darker than later models, but lighter than the Prairie tan, so sort of middlin' tan.

I think there were a few grey's , a light and a dark.

Funny, I have been through the first gens in the JY and never cam across two different shades of gray. :scratch:

At first I thought you were right

But now that I think about it your not , there IS two shades of grey I know it. One is the regular light grey that we normally see , and the other is a very dark grey. I remember seeing it , it was a dark grey interior with leather and wood and it looked great.

And there were two shades of blue too , a dark grey blue , and a very ugly navy blue, lol.

Back