I could just KILL my carwash place | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I could just KILL my carwash place

Nate1

All 4 wheels locked
Reaction score
City, State
Gainesville/Tampa, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 FZJ-80
I took my car into one of those 'premiere' car was places, called prestiege to get my car washed for homecoming tonight.... I paid $24 to have the BEST carwash they do done, and when I get near my car the people who were drying it were all snickering and looking at me funny. I got in expecting something to be wrong, and didn't tip them because clearly something was up. I goto the stop sign and make a right hand turn into traffic, and "screeeeeeeeeeeaaaaa" my back tires are screaming and spinning like mad. I glance down... THEY RIPPED MY F***KING CONTROL TRAC SWITCH OFF! I am SOOO pissed, to replace it I have to take my entire center console apart which takes like 30 minutes with all the damn little hex screws.... I am just fuming mad.
Anyways, I needed to vent.... I'm sure as hell never taking my car there again! :fire::fire::fire:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You should have gone back and threatened to take them to small claims court for the cost of the switch, the cost of your time to get the switch, and 2 hours to replace it. Comes out to about $500 :D

I'm calling their manager monday to see what I can get, but I sure don't want a gift certificate because I have no intentions of going back there.

Oh dang I was thinking at first that they armour alled your tire treads giving you the spin. I would've definitely gone right back there, got my $25 bucks back and made a real stink. I wouldn't be fizxing it you can bet on that!

Yeah, I would come back with many friends and start something.

Originally posted by ahhjaws
Yeah, I would come back with many friends and start something.

Troublemaker....if you need friends.

Anytime you could spare your car I'd park it in front with a sign on it saying they ***0red up your car. Stand on the sidewalk at tell everyone who has their window down that they break things. Now I wouldn't do any of this if they paid up for $500 it'd take me to fix it.... ;P

I doubt he will fix it, but if he doesnt... I'll tell the better buisness bearu and make sure I raise hell

Originally posted by AlaskanJack

Well, you get a better response from the manager if a lot of people are there.

If they don't pay you to fix it, then you can have a picket line. lol:D

thats why i use spray booths

I agree with nweibley and file a complaint with the bbb. Honestly when I read it first I thought if it were me i'd try to file charges of vandalism against the people who were doing the job...even if it wouldn't hold it might make the little pansy sob's think again before f**cking up peoples cars (especially if they were teens who happen who will be trying to get into college soon).

Later
CP

Originally posted by AlaskanJack

Ha! If he had friends...:rolleyes:

Someday I'm gonna get me one of them...(friend)

The only problem you'll get from the shop is that you left the lot. They could say that you broke the switch after the wash. It seems that the best approach would be to do the picket option and report to the BBB.

I work at a carwash, and when we break something on a customers car, we usually have them fill out a customer damage report and then our customer service rep deals with the fixes and decides whether or not the carwash did the damage. If the carwash has decent customer service, they should take care of you. Just explain the situation, and especially mention that you saw the workers snickering.

Next time, nweibley, just wash it yourself. Just save the $24 for gas. For Pete's sake we all need it now a days. The only time I get my truck washed by the car wash is during winter when it is too cold to wash it myself.

Why did you drive home? I would've turned right around and stormed back in there. Blocking incoming traffic to the car wash and not moving until the manager had given me something in writing stating what they were going to do to correct the situation.

You may have screwed yourself by not leaving. They can just say they were laughing b/c your truck 'was messed up when it got there'

Hopefully it won't be your word against theirs b/c now you have no proof.

How the hell did they manage to break the switch off? I don't see how they could do it accidentaly.

I dont know. I paid all that money so they would be careful. I hate taking my car there, they always f*** with my stuff. My old 92 had a system and they almost blew it. They guy as I said was opening and slamming my door for fun. I just paid all that money so they would hopefully take care of my car, but I guess its the same group of people, the same abuse, just more soap. I'm sure through with them, I just want them to know how pissed I am. If I really cared I could replace the switch in an hour for $1.30 but that is not the point. This is repeated abuse of my fing property that they are supposed to take care of. I already told as many friends as I knew about it.... I guess come next homecoming I'll just wash and wax it the day before. The problem is I have a card from the shop with a bunch of prepaid washes, which is usless now. They even took my antenna out and didnt put it back in.... so I had to do that myself. Hours later and I am still fuming mad over how irresponsible their employees were....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is why I have legal insurance

I pay $17 a month to prepaid legal and get an entire law firm (really just about any A or B grade lawyer I want as long as they agree to do referral work for Lisle (in my area any big name will do referal work for Pre Paid Legal) and I don't pay a thing. I get contracts up to 10 pages looked at for free. Everything Civil (not criminal) is free up to x hours (they are plenty I just can't think of how many) they write the first letter (threatening) for free for any insident. Free consutation (and they do actually call you back and don't blow you off like all the others do) They aren't afraid to take on the Feds (IRS ect.) and anything not covered is covered with huge 25%-75% discounts. I would so sew them for something like that. It is one thing to play a joke but that is just criminal. And I am not even a Sew happy person. I just got it to protect myself if someone threatens to sew me. And for help with the papers on my Fiancée (she is Nicaraguan)

Back