i dont know to laugh or cry, failed inspection again. help please | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

i dont know to laugh or cry, failed inspection again. help please

Reaction score
City, State
virginia beach
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 explorer xlt 4wd
ok so i took my explorer in and was told that my upper ball joint, sway bar link, and rear brakes needed to be replaced so i did everything and then took her back. i was then told that my lower ball joint, rotors on the rear and 1 caliper needs to be replaced. after she eventually passes i was going to lift her and upgrade the brakes and so on. since i have to replace them anyway i might as well go ahead and upgrade them. my question is whats a decent brake upgrade kit (calipers, rotors and pads) please help

Powerslot rotors with Hawk pads are a popular set up and I've never read any negatives about them.

I'm running stock rotors with Autozone ceramic pads so I don't have any feed back on the above mentioned set up.

I'm not impressed with the Autozone pads on mine.

Powerslot rotors with Hawk pads are a popular set up and I've never read any negatives about them.

I'm running stock rotors with Autozone ceramic pads so I don't have any feed back on the above mentioned set up.

I'm not impressed with the Autozone pads on mine.

I second that, never heard anything bad about Powerslot rotors or Hawk pads. No experience with them personally though. Definitely pass on the Autozone pads, they are far less than stellar.

Back