• Register Today It's free!

I finally dropped my 95

Texan01

Reaction score
City, State
Dallas, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Explorer XLT
Well after talking about it for seems like years (6 months) I finally anted up and lowered my X 1". Only did that as a nice compromise between off-paved-road clearance, and improvement in handling.

Wound up buying some $25 1" blocks and let off the torsion bars a couple turns. made a big improvement in handling, no more tippy feeling, and a much more controlled ride, almost eerie how smooth it is on some roads that before you'd feel the ripples on. This whole little experiment took me an hour total.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congratulations!!
Welcome to the club. :bounce:

Yessir! It's exactly what I want to do! I've searched and search and I haven't found out what to do to lower it. Can you describe it and show it off with some pictures?

I want to join the club!

Thanks!

Ry.

I just lowered mine as well. I dropped the back 2" and the front 1 1/2". Handles a little bit better but looks alot better.

I don't have pictures but this'll work just as well as me taking them
Dead Link Removed

95-00 4 door and -02 Sports all have the same suspension so this still applies.

If mine's sitting by itself it doesn't look any different, park it next to a stock Ex and it sits lower.

Mine wound up being 1 1/2" lower in the front and 1" in the rear so it still keeps it's rake that I like.

Maybe this weekend I'll scan in my polaroids that I took of before and after.

Back