I finally was able to snap some pictures of my 91 Exploder | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I finally was able to snap some pictures of my 91 Exploder

Texasryan

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Worth, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Ford explorer Sport
This is just a couple stock pictures of what my exploder looks like.
I'm very proud of what i've done and the time i've put into it.
She sure is a trooper. :salute:

Only 117k miles, But stutters when trying to start her.

The engine:
img2514p.jpg

Full Shot:
img2510sq.jpg

Interior:
img2512cl.jpg

Amp & Sub:
img2513f.jpg

Some things i plan on doing,
New grille.
4' Lift
Bigger Tires.
Louder Exhaust.
Light bar.
and
Bull Guard/Brush Guard
New paint Job.
and
Put bed liner on all of the black pieces for my truck :D

Can't wait for it to all be done! :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good,get after that rust on the fender before it spreads but that's the nice thing about Texas,little or no rust.

As for the photos,get a photobucket account and link to the photos there,works great....see below.:D

008-1.jpg

Rust city at -35 F, I was in Houston when the ex took that photo.....lol.:D

I Just noticed in your photo,get rid of those cheap battery cable ends and get some new cables,you are asking for trouble with those.:D

Texasryan_ get some 60 or 80 grit sandpaper and sand the rust off paint and all down to bare metal and then get a can of spray primer filler and paint the bare metal with primer. After that its up to you how much you do to it. Try and match the paint to the original or leave the primer or repaint the whole truck. I just did mine last week painted the whole truck flat black and rubberized undercoating. feels cool and doesn't look too bad.

I might go that way, because i do want a whole new color for my truck. Green doesn't fit me.
I might go with White because it's cheaper and it's still nice looking. But i don't know just yet. Thanks for the help!

And safn1949
What kind of connecters would you go for?

Texasryan said:
I was wondering if my explorer seems a little lowered? i'm not sure, but it just seems to sit lower than the usual ones.

Worn springs?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Forum Runner

Well from the look of the pics it's 2wd so it is going to sit lower than a 4wd version

Back