I got 16mpg

Blown

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Montrose, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 X-Edge
Yah!, Old Red pulled 16mpg from Vail Pass down to Moab, 10,666' to 4,000' in elevation............................may be the best she will ever do at interstate highway speeds.

It was fully loaded for camping with roof rack and boxes on top creating wind resistance. It got 13.8mpg going up to Vail Pass from Littleton/Denver. I would always go for more power but not in this case. I daily drive it, use it for recreation, and like at least a little mileage to go with the power....................................I am happy with it. Yah, let me qualify that with you knowing I was previously getting less than 10mpg in a Bronco, then F150 with the same blower.

A couple pics of our camp and rocks. (Amazing, same cliffs different lighting):

Moab 1.jpg
Moab 2.jpg
Moab 3.jpg
Moab 4.jpg

That trip was two weekends ago, April 21st ish. It was early for the weather we have been having, but we have gone earlier before. Cool mornings but we had Highs in the upper 60's, with little to no wind a couple days so it was comfortable in the sun. Great hiking/biking/wheeling weather, a little cool for the river but a few folks were on it..................... Editting pics and found a night shot of the same cliff feature:

Moab .5.jpg

Back