• Register Today It's free!

I need 1 Rim, Help

tj.rickert

Reaction score
City, State
Des Moines Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 Eddie Bauer
OK, I need one 17" oem chrome rim for my 03 limited explorer. Ive found a couple websites that sell'em for 350+.....thats absurd since i can buy a set of after market rims for that....any advice

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Call your local scrap/junk yards. They are sometimes called automotive recyclers. They may have something that you can polish up and make look like new.

OK, I need one 17" oem chrome rim for my 03 limited explorer. Ive found a couple websites that sell'em for 350+.....thats absurd since i can buy a set of after market rims for that....any advice

Craigslist has worked wonders for me in the past.

Ive had no luck on craigslist or junkyards... i was hoping someone on here would have one

I just bought a brand new rim off eBay for 123 bucks including shipping.. The guy bought it to fix his a that was in a wreck and they ended up totaling out his so I reeped the benefits!!

A quick search on EBay brought this one up for decent money

Those rims have the small indentation at the edge of each 'spoke', I know there is another version identical without the indentation - since I've got those. Much harder to find those I suspect. However I'm not in a position to sell mine just yet, sorry (some of the chrome plating is starting to peel in the center anyways).

-Dubya

Back