i need a little help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

i need a little help

crazycracka

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 explorer 5.0 v8 awd
i got a 1999 awd explorer its got a 5.0 in it. i want to lift it but i cannot find a lift anywhere for it. is their any place i can find one or mabie can i use a lift from something else like from like a ranger or anything? thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Look around on this forum and you'll find the solution many others came up with. There are 2 very expensive 4" lifts from traimaster and superlift. You can get 5" in the front and 6.25 in the back for a fraction of the price. It just takes some ingenuity and patience. Key ideas are Spring over axle(SOA) for the back end and sloped body lift plus torsion twist (TT) for the front

I would just do what i did, get a Warrior shackles (It raises the back 2 inches) and torsion twist on the front (Raises the front 2 inches). And on top of that you could do a 3inch body lift, but i have a rule to where i dont do body lifts. Best of luck!

What you'll need its spring perches from M.O.R.E., the biggest they make for only $49ish and then shackles. the Performance Accessories part number #883 for a 98 Ranger 3" body lift. Then you'll see where your patience and mechanical know how can take you. Trust me its worth it though. By doing this my 03 Explorer Sport XLT sits 11" higher in the back and 9" higher in the front overall. Of course bigger tires added to that (29" to 35")

Back