I need a TOUGH brush guard | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I need a TOUGH brush guard

Manik 4X4 doesn't seem to have anything for first Gen's anymore, do you know if they still make it, but don't list it, or did you use a second gen model?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

SMiley-
I just checked this forum now, sorry about the wait. I'll get some pics of it tomorrow and I'll email them over to you...now I just have to figure out a heroic pose for my truck. :D
ANd yes, I said heroic!

LOL.

Hey, while your at it, can you get a pic of how it bolts to the frame? That would be cool. Also like to see how buff the brackets are.

ccanuk said:
Manik 4X4 doesn't seem to have anything for first Gen's anymore, do you know if they still make it, but don't list it, or did you use a second gen ?

Get a Longtek. Believe me, just as strong, looks exactly the same, and only $350 shipped from sportztrailers.com.

J602,

sportztrailers.com does not exist. However, sportztrailer.com does. Regardless, I cant find a Longtech for 350 shipped. That site is just links to others... I cant find crap on it.

Thanks for the input though.

I don't think you typed it in right cause it's definitely a website. Here's the link for ya:
Longtek brushguard
EDIT: I know what the problem was. I don't think you put "www" in front of the address. You have to do that for it to work.

your right. I just did it with WWW.

I want to publicly say thanks to RedEB for the pics. Thanks bro. I like that fact that it bolts to more than just the lower frame rails.

If that question was for me ccanuk I got it like 5 or 6 years ago after having to replace a grill and headlight lol if you cant find it new try a junkyard and take it off an X there if you can find one

i have the Westin Sportsman 1 piece for my 98 sport. It seems like a pretty sturdy grill guard and looks great. Anybody have any experience with this grill guard?

Hey Smiley1-
No problem! It was my pleasure, tell me how the final product comes out- and you better send me some pics! ;)

Will do! I just got back from the snow. Maybe I can send you a pic of that to hold you over...lol

Hope this works. Enjoy.

f62ec781.jpg

f62ec77e.jpg

f62ec77b.jpg

oh well, here is the link to the album. Sorry you have to scroll through some engine pics:

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291506015

I dont know what happened. I posted the pics just fine in another board. Let me find that link...

Now red x's on that thread. DOH!

Smiley1-
I would love to see some pics of your X!
Daheinah@hotmail.com
Gotta love those snow pics! :thumbsup:

Pics sent. Let me know if they turn out ok. Im sorry bro. I sent the same ones I tried to post. All I can see are red x's. Can you see them in the post??

Ill try to get some better ones later.

Rob

I have been ran into front and back, I have a chrome grille guard with the slit like edges. and my stock tow hitch saved my front.

Back