I need help choosing an Audiobahn Enclosure.... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I need help choosing an Audiobahn Enclosure....

TEdwards

Reaction score
City, State
Orlando, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 Eddie Bauer v8
I want to buy a Pre-Manufactured Audiobahn 12" Sub for my Sport. Space and Price are not really an issue, I just want to add a little more bass. So, with this in mind, which of these FOUR boxes would work best?

ABP121-SINGLE 12" TUNED BANDPASS SYSTEM 400w RMS, 101dB Freq: 28Hz - 150Hz

ABP120 SINGLE 12" TUNED BANDPASS SYSTEM 400w RMS, 102dB Freq: 25Hz - 150Hz

ABV12X SINGLE 12" PORTED BASS BOX 400x RMS, 93dB Freq: 25Hz – 1kHz

ATB12 SINGLE 12" PORTED BASE TUBE 400w RMS, 99dB Freq: 25Hz – 1kHz

I am currently leaning towards the Tube because I had a little 8" Bazooka before, and that hit pretty hard. I welcome your recommendations, and thanks in advance.

Tom

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

this might just be me but it seems as if the numbers speak for themselves. The second one can hit the lowest while being the most effecient. If I were you I'd go with that one. Then again it is a bandpass box and from experience I've never liked em. The SQ was always ****. I think you should go to an audio shop that carries audiobahn and see if they have any that you can listen to.

After reading some comments on this board, I am not too excited about a Bandpass box either. Unfortunately, there are no Audiobahn retailers in my area that I know of, so I am unable to listen for myself.

On the other hand, both my Computer Sub, and my Home Surround sound Sub are bandpass configurations, and the SQ from my Cambridge Soundworks Home Theater is amazing.

I really don't know what to do, anyone else out there ever heard any of these boxes?

Thanks

Tom

Your computer setup and a car audio setup is like night and day. Can the bandpass, go for the ported.

in a car audio setup there are many other issues to deal with that aren't in a home system (such as cabin gain...)

out of those three, i think the ported enclosure would be the best mix of SQ and SPL.

OK guys. Ported it will be. Thanks for the help, and sorry for the tons of questions.

Tom

Back