• Register Today It's free!

need new 6x8s need help choosing!

MonsterEnergy

Reaction score
City, State
Detroit
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT and '03 XLT
alright i've got a 4 channel amp (Alpine) its, 4x40 rms into 4 ohms, or 4x50 rms into 2 ohms. And 4x100 max.
My price range is 100$ for a set, and i need 2. so basicly 200$ total :)
I was hoping to get something through bestbuy, because i have a giftcard there for 125$ and they are close to me. Thanks in advance !
oh yeah, they obviously have to be 6x8s !

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Don't know if Best Buy sells Infinity...but I do enjoy my Infinity Kappa 6x8s--and if you want to spend a little less...get the Infinity Reference series!

Good Luck!

Jordan23

thanks... but not only are these 150$ a pair, their 110 watts rms...

I've got the Pioneer A6880Rs and I like them alot...

Infinity Reference 6800's. I just installed them today, and they sound dope as hell.

If you wanna go to best buy, pioneers are decent. I have had many sets in old vehicles and they were decent speakers. I have Diamond Audio M3 series in my Ex, cause I wanted to have something nice to compliment my Eclipse Titanium subs.

Scored some Alpine R-Type 6X8 recently. Came highly recommended and I tend to concur.

my reccomendation to you is just to get one nice set for the front, and if you want backfill get a cheap set of pioneers for the back and just fade alittle to them split it 150 for the good set 50 for the decent set. Also i would reccommend polk thats my personal preference. Nice quality sound and they generally have have high sensitivity.

Back