I need help with A/C vacuum controlled doors (servo pistons). | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I need help with A/C vacuum controlled doors (servo pistons).

2003Mountaineer

Reaction score
City, State
Jackson, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Mountaineer Premier
Hello- glad to join. I have an '03 Mountaineer that is nothing but a PITA! The electronic HVAC system blows air out of every vent on a rotating basis. I can not choose which output vents manually, nor on "Auto". Someone mentioned that it's the vacuum controlled doors. Does anyone know how to get to these and fix them? Pictures and/or videos would be greatly helpful and appreciated.
Thanks.

I need help with A/C vacuum controlled doors

Thanks Brklyn. I changed the blend door actuator, which by itself did nothing lol. Another site indicated that it was still a vacuum hose problem. But I did see in the Chilton book that there is an air distribution blend door actuator, but it's in the section related to the rear evaporator/heater core housing. Is this what you are talking about? And where is that little bugger? Am I way off base?
Thanks again.

Brooklyn - I need to add that I have temporary functionality of the output controls. When I first start up the truck and put the A/C on, I can choose which ducts to have the a/c come out. But then when I drive a bit, come to a stop, then accelerate, I then lose functionality. WTF? LOL. Thanks.

Back