I Need New Carpet!! Where Can I Get it Now??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I Need New Carpet!! Where Can I Get it Now???

BBQ_HotDogs

A Man Without Wheels
Reaction score
City, State
Houston, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Eddie Bauer (R.I.P.)
I Need New Carpet!! Where Can I Get it Now???

I want to replace the tan carpet with brand new carpet. Where can I get OEM type carpet, except in red or burgundy color to match the Toredor Red? I need it quickly but don't know where to look.

Thanks,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just carpet, not headliners or materials for an install. I want to replace my carpet now with some new carpet and pads. I looked at mine good tonight and it dowsn't look in the best of shape. No tears or anything, but not as clean as I want it either. I want something that will go with my 98 Eddie Bauer truck. The interior is tan now and the seats are a tanned leather, so I was thinking it wouldn't look ghetto at all with a nice maroon carpet in it, front and back, and cargo area. It is a 4 door also and it will always have 2 paints on the exterior, Toredor Red and Beige, with pin stripes. That first sight is mainly for installers doing stereo work. I need a high quality OEM type carpet to replace what I have now.

hey BBQ make sure u get the carpet for the 4 door man =)...hehe

OK, after doing some searching myself after I was given the web site and then knew what to look for, I talked to several dealers. Some were informative and others weren't. This carpet that you see, has a great price on it, but I was wanting to go red, and this carpet will fade allot. It will loose it's red color and start turning orange, pinkish color in approx. 6 months. This was not for me. So, I called the dealer up and ordered complete replacement carpet. I won't be getting red though, it is not available. Shame my X isn't green or blue, that is available. So I am sticking with the Tan color. Now all I need to do is get my floor mats cleaned or dyed. Whichever they need or will do me the most good. Hopefully a good cleaning will make them look new again. I have the OEM carpeted mats that read EXPLORER on them. They are nice, especially if you look to see what your other options are. LOL.

How much is new Ford carpet?

$793.17 drive out for the complete re-install including cargo area. Will be here on Tuesday. There was only 1 cargo area available and it is now an obsolete peice. I was told they quit making them in May 2002.

first gen's came with red carpet..i know it would have worked..you should have got that if you wanted red...

what is the name of the black insulater mat thing under the hood, and where can i get it?

Good question. Have you called the dealer on it to see if it is even available? All I know is it is a type of heat insulator and I do not know the name of it. The last time that I needed some on an old car I had, I just went to the junk yard, found the same car, and got that one off very carefully and then glued it onto mine. Sorry I can't help you there. ;-(

Originally posted by a1993eddiebauer
ok you guys are good at carpet. what is the name of the black insulater mat thing under the hood, and where can i get it??

thanks charlie

Believe it or not, it's called an insulator! :D

Here it is at Ford Parts Network.

ok, that is way to much money for the carpet install, I hate to tell ya. I had my whole interior redone last year, at a professional upholstery shop, and the carpet, with install was like 400-500. You should look into that.

I had my whole interior redone last year, at a professional upholstery shop, and the carpet, with install was like 400-500. You should look into that.

I did my homework, allot of it. It is all in the quality of carpet that you want. Even though these installers say they are doing an OEM type carpet, it is not OEM period. The only place you can get OEM carpet, is that you or someone else is ordering it from the dealership. The carpet that all of these places, upholstery shops, and these internet sites are using is a lesser quality carpet period. Not saying that is good or bad, but it wasn't what I was looking for. I wanted to go with a red carpet, but my year did not come with it and I didn't want to take a chance on ordering carpet for a 95 Explorer and it not fitting exact. I live by the philosophy that you pay for what you get. An installer wanted 1300 bucks to put in the same carpet that I just paid $793.17 for. That is 500 bucks for installation. How can someone say they are selling you Orange OEM carpet when no Explorer came out with Orange carpet?

Now this is all my opinion, and you know how those are. LOL. But that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!

"I didn't want to take a chance on ordering carpet for a 95 Explorer and it not fitting "

umm 1992-2001 would fit fine..but as i said you could have got first gen 91-94 red carpet and it would have worked fine..but whatever

Originally posted by Ak LTD Xplorer
"I didn't want to take a chance on ordering carpet for a 95 Explorer and it not fitting "

umm 1992-2001 would fit fine..but as i said you could have got first gen 91-94 red carpet and it would have worked fine..but whatever

I doubt the 1st gens would fit exact. You'd probably have to cut holes for the full length console.. and there might be holes already where you don't want them!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

92-01 have the same exact floor pan..just cut out hules for the consol and your done

Back