• Register Today It's free!

I need some body lift help

brodie hynd

Reaction score
City, State
roswell georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 explorer xlt
Alright here is the scoop. I call the local off road place and the first try to tell me that my 99 is a unibody. (thats crap) we all now it isnt. Any way the wont install the 98+ ranger lift. They 98+ will fit right?
any way they wont install it bc they suck. But Has any one ever got 4wheelparts to install one. do u think if I were to go to a body shop they would lift me. Ne way please write back as soon as possible

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've never heard of any 4wheel shop installing these lifts on Explorers. Good luck trying to find one who will! Your best bet would be to find a tiny, non-chain, non-corp place. They might do it. Most people nowadays won't even look at Explorers if they're anything but stock.

Have you thought about doing it yourself?

Yes, the 98-01 ranger kit will fit.

4wheelparts should install it if you buy it from them, but I think you can probably do it yourself with some friends and some beer :chug:

Body Lift Help

Do the lift your self its not that hard to do. Besides its good experience.

Ive found alot of 4x4 shops dont really do a good job. I took my truck to a "respectable" 4wd shop and they screwed up my alignment. They fed me the typical "You cant align an ifs vehicle if its lifted. We got it with in spec" They twisted it back down to stock. That was my old truck. I took my new one to a local garage and they didnt have any problems. They got it nice and straight.

Offroad Warehouse in San Diego has put on a few body lifts on late model Explorers a few years ago. They were the start of the body lift craze. Those threads from a few years ago are what got me interested in doing mine. I dont know if they still do it now or not though since the Firestone issue. I also would never consider letting a place that thinks your Explorer is a unibody touch my Explorer. If that is what they think, they are not qualified to touch an Explorer.

Back