• Register Today It's free!

body lifts

MadMike6786

Reaction score
City, State
hillsborough, nj
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 sport
i have a 98 sport i wanted 2 lift it 3 inches someone recomended a body lift i was leaning towards a supsenion lift but i see that they are like 1000 dollars just for the kits but i cant seem to find any body lifts for my year i only find 91-94 and 01-02. doesnt anyone make it for the in between years or did the forget?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You need the PA-883 body lift for the Ranger.. It cost about $150

Blee1099 said:
You need the PA-883 body lift for the Ranger.. It cost about $150

^^^ Yup thats exactly what you need, then 2" tt & aal and shackles and theres a 2" suspension lift ;)

they make a 4" suspension lift for the 2nd Gen X but they run bout $1600
the Bl is a great way for 2-3"

Would this also work for 4 door explorer? (the lift kit for ranger)

yes, of course.

Ok thanx
I will get it then

i just finished doing my body lift, im running 33"s with 1" torsion and stock springs, it rubs at full flex but not around town

No you wouldn't need longer shocks, cuz it doesn't affect the suspension. Also, the installation is usually pretty pricey. It would be around $300 atleast for the installation alone. Plus, it might be hard to find someone to install it since it isn't meant for an Explorer. It would prob. cost more just b/c of that even though the only thing that needs to be modified are the bumper brackets.

dude it took me 3 hrs to do all ten body mounts. piece of cake

^^^ yeah what he said

the only prob is the bumper mounts

haha, depends on wether or not you buy the beer :D

It took me and two other people about 8 hours to do mine...not including the bumpers. The front body bolts were horrible....had to cut them. The radiator was a little tricky but not too bad.

mine took three people and 8 hrs. but about 5 of them were for the bumpers.

Back