• Register Today It's free!

I need some center console advice

dgonz

Reaction score
City, State
Porterville, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 XLS
Hey guys, another question for ya. I have the crappy bag console in my ST right now (with no bag) and I'd really like to convert it and put in one of the high series ones that goes all the way to the floor. I've seen write ups on how to do it. I've just had a hell of a time getting a hold of one. So I found this gem on ebay this morning

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0551416390&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

But it looks like it's missing the cup holders. Anyway, I just wanted to know from all the experts on here if that would fit/how expensive are the cupholder pieces/whatever else you can tell is missing in the pictures?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's just the shell, not worth the price to me. I'll look around and see what I can find. Contact ncranchero too, he's pretty good at locating ST parts.

Yeah I wasn't sure what else it was missing but it looked wrong to me. Thanks I'd appreciate that! I've found tan ones but I've yet to come across a gray one. And I'm pretty set on the one that goes all the way to the floor. I don't like that wasted space!

Don't quote me but I think the center consoles form the Explorers are the same, I know the '01-03 Sport are the same.

Here's your answer. You can thank ncranchero for this awesome info. ;)

ncranchero said:
Basically, your choices for a full console are 01-03 Sport and 01-05 Sport Trac. The Gen 2 Explorer (95-01) are very close EXCEPT for the ducting for the rear air. The Sport/Sport Trac have the crash module mounted on top of the transmission hump and their console air ducting is designed to pass over the top of that module. If you don't care about the rear air then you can remove the duct and the console will fit.

Sport/Sport Trac console:
ConsoleExplvsTrac4.jpg

Gen 2 Explorer console:
ConsoleExplvsTrac3.jpg

ConsoleExplvsTrac7b.jpg

ConsoleExplvsTrac9.jpg

HighLowComparison1.jpg

:D:D:D

Thank you Rhino.

That first one in your post isn't correct anyway- that's a Gen III/2003 4-door Ex console... Has to be a 2 door Sport or ST console as Rhino/NCR posted...

Also- I think you'll need the floor bracket also...

Thanks for all the tips guys. Looks like my criteria for a search just got narrowed down. But at least I know what I'm looking for. If anyone sees one around. I'd really appreciate a heads up. Thanks again for the advice!

Back