• Register Today It's free!

i need some SAS help...

MiniGeneral92

Reaction score
City, State
Milwaukie,Or
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT
so u just picked up a D44 out of an old waggy (super awesome deal...$25), and i need some help finding the parts to convert it back to 5 lug preferably the ford half ton 5 on 5 rather than the stock 5 on 4.5. also it ahs vacuum activated auto hubs and i would like to get rid of those when i do the swap back to 5 lug, i assume that i can just get a new front diff cover for it ans that will solve the problem of having a hole in the cover. and then when i get the 5 lug outers i can just put locking hubs

so if anyone could point me in the right direction to find the parts i need that would be great.

once i start acquiring the necessary parts ill start putting up pictures of my build.

thanks everyone for your help

To read: http://77cj.littlekeylime.com/web_rs44.html

FYI - its not the "hubs" that are vacuum actuated, its a "central axle disconnect" (CAD) - the axle shaft itself. So you'll need to replace the axle shaft. But do a Google search cauz theres plenty of info on this.

i have found a place to get a kit that makes the vacuum actuated part, cable operated so i can control it from inside the truck.
that only thing about it is that all the jeep ones available are for dana 30 axles not a dana 44, so i was wondering if the dodge dana 44 ones would work the same.

Back