• Register Today It's free!

I need to find the EGR pipe.

titler22

Reaction score
City, State
dryden NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 xlt 4x4
i own a 94 xlt exp need to find a egr pipe that runs from manifold to egr valve any suggestions would be appreciated

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome

I'm looking for one too. I broke the damn thing. I have not tried yet, but I would start with the dealer. I think junkyard pipes will break just as easy. There is a company here in Cincinnati that specializes in obsolete ford parts. They are called Green sales. Look them up, they have a website but you have to call them to look up parts.

Hope this helps, let me know what you find.

Are they obselete? The Ford dealer had one for my '95 with the OHV in stock... $55 which for a specialty part doesn't really seem that bad form the dealer...

junk yard! if it aint easy soak it with wd40 and go back th next day.

The junkyard isnt always an option, and I love teh junkyard- we soaked mine (and I know others have had the same thing happen) with PB Blaster for a few days, and went through numerous heating cycles with a torch, andended up destroying it anyway. At worst- buy a pipe and have it on hand in case you need it, unless being down a few days (if they have to order it) is a big deal if it's your daily driver. You can always return it (but ask if it's a special order part)

I assume a newer pipe would work but i have not looked into it yet. What was the last year they built the pushrod 4.0? Is the EGR system similar on the newer SOHC motors?

I got one at the dealer for my 94 after it rusted off at the manifold. It was not too expensive. I don't see any reason to use a used one which has already rusted somewhat. When I had it installed, a torch was needed to get it to unscrew out of the manifold... just fyi. Forcing it and snapping off the nipple in the manifold would be very bad.

Back