• Register Today It's free!

i would like better head lights

perkinsbrandon72

Reaction score
City, State
Rochester New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 03 XLT V8
my truck has tinted headlight and the stock lights come threw but not close to what i would like. is there better bulbs i can buy, should i go hid, also i would like to upgrade my fog lights, what do yous think i should do and also could you give me some good brands i should look at for these.

thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ddmtuning . Com. Get the 6k hid kit for your headlights and foglights. At $35 a kit, you won't go wrong. Look at pics in my registry, I have 8k hids (blue-r) for comparison

Ddmtuning . Com. Get the 6k hid kit for your headlights and foglights. At $35 a kit, you won't go wrong. Look at pics in my registry, I have 8k hids (blue-r) for comparison

Do you run with your autolamps on? I can recall reading that they won't fire all the time. Possible dealbreaker for me.....

Uhhh are autolamps the same as daytime running lights? If so, I don't have them. If you mean autolamps like how they come on when its dark enough, theyve never failed for me. Always come on when the sensor says its dark enough outside

Simple solution: why not just remove the tint from the headlights? What purpose does the tint serve anyway? I mean if you want as much light to come through, then why put something in the way that will only significantly reduce its output? :scratch:

Appearance > functionality?

Uhhh are autolamps the same as daytime running lights? If so, I don't have them. If you mean autolamps like how they come on when its dark enough, theyve never failed for me. Always come on when the sensor says its dark enough outside

No, the coming on when it's dark part. That's good to hear. Just ordered a set so if they sh** out on me I'm going to blame you.... :hammer:

Lol okay. You should be fine. I put a set in my friends g6 and they work everytime with his autolamps. What kalvin did you get?

8K 55w lows and 6K 35w fogs only because they said their 55w 8k washes out and looks like their 35w 6k, and the 55w is too hot for the foglamp housings.....

Why didn't you just get 6k 35watt for the lows? And did you upgrade your shipping? Last time I bought from them it took roughly 4 and a half weeks (standard shipping) to get them. Post up pics when you get them installed. When installing them keep in mind that you will probably have to flip you stock connector thst plugs into the ballast, if you plug it in the way that the clips line up your hids won't light up

any updates on the hid's brian?

Kazer said:
any updates on the hid's brian?

Yup! Here ya go!

f7566898.png

I love them! But tons of people flash their lights at me thinking my high beams are on. I re-aimed my lights and they are where they are supposed to be... Is it just me or does this happen to you too?

how....what....no....wait.....did he just....

thats F**king awesome how you wired your offroad lights to your remote start! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

hid's look good

now make a registry and explain the fancy wire job on those lights :D

i aimed my hids so the shine way down.
form over function - full of win. :thumbsup:
x2

Ha ha I wish I was that awesome. My remote start has an auxiliary line that I could've used. I bought a separate remote for my lights that I can keep in my car and not have to screw with my keys to get my lights on if I need to...

Coupla questions here.... Previous owner installed HIDs, not sure the K value or wattage. I like 'em, but I'm having the same issue with people blasting their high-beams at me. Sounds like I could adjust the assembly.

I don't have high beams currently... with the recent time change, getting darker earlier, I wouldn't mind some sort of option of a high beam. What are you guys doing?

Fog lamps can be wired for HID? Hmmmm.... what are the options here?

just aim your headlight housings down more. and i just have stock halogen brights for now.

and hid kits for foglights are the same plug n play manor as the headlight kits, just get the right bulb type

Coupla questions here.... Previous owner installed HIDs, not sure the K value or wattage. I like 'em, but I'm having the same issue with people blasting their high-beams at me. Sounds like I could adjust the assembly.

I don't have high beams currently... with the recent time change, getting darker earlier, I wouldn't mind some sort of option of a high beam. What are you guys doing?

Fog lamps can be wired for HID? Hmmmm.... what are the options here?

The fog light kit is the same as the low beam one. Just swap bulbs and plug connectors and good to go. its a H10/9145 bulb type.

I dont have HIDs in my high beams mainly bc if I use them for flash to pass the HID will take too long to fire up. I have a set of Hellas with HIDs mounted behind my grille when and if I ever need the extra lighting.

therover1991 said:
The fog light kit is the same as the low beam one. Just swap bulbs and plug connectors and good to go. its a H10/9145 bulb type.

I dont have HIDs in my high beams mainly bc if I use them for flash to pass the HID will take too long to fire up. I have a set of Hellas with HIDs mounted behind my grille when and if I ever need the extra lighting.

I don't have HID's in my highs for the same reason. And now my lows are even brighter than my highs so I just flash my KC's now =]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't have HID's in my highs for the same reason. And now my lows are even brighter than my highs so I just flash my KC's now =]

Yeah I remember when I first flashed my highs after getting HIDs. I did not notice anything. I was thinking of rewiring my hellas up to my high beam switch though.

Back