Ian's 98 Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ian's 98 Sport

Here is my truck:

684774_1_full.jpg

684774_6_full.jpg

684774_8_full.jpg

Some pictures of my head unit and mp3 player...

684774_14_full.jpg

Audio: Pioneer DEH-P4600MP Head Unit with auxilary cable for my Dell DJ Mp3 player, Stock speakers and my X didnt come JBL system that has a sub.

Modifications I want:
4x Pioneer TS-A5713 5x7 Speakers
JL Audio Stealth Sub Box(10" W1-4)
JL Audio 250/1 Amp
JL Audio 450/4 Amp
Upgraded Fogs(Hella/PIAA)

Mods coming soon:
Diamon Cut Headlights
Diamond Cut Corners
LUND Windjammer
Tinting (suggest me %s please)
Street Scene Grille

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Small update:
This past weekend I replaced my stock shock absorbers..... yeah 119k miles and they were stock shock absorbers. Anyways, I replaced them with some Monroe Gasmatics and the truck drives SO much nicer now. I can corner at higher speeds, it picks up faster and I can go over bumps with out getting dizzy.

I will take some pictures of the inside of my truck and some day time pictures as well this weekend. I would have done it sooner but I had 2 50 foot sailboat sails in my bed and the back seats were down.

Nice looking X.

Update: My truck gets its first waxing ever...

684774_22_full.jpg

684774_23_full.jpg

684774_18_full.jpg

684774_19_full.jpg

Updated.... Heres some pictures that you guys can actually see what my truck looks like in the daytime...

I lowered my windshield wipers, removed my roof racks and removed the front liscense plate holder. :thumbsup:

684774_24_full.jpg

684774_26_full.jpg

I was messing around in photoshop and I basically made what I want my explorer to look like. Please tell me what you think. Sorry it is so blurry my camera is awful.

xmod1ze.jpg

Nice Sport, I like how you played with the Photo Shop..It looks Sweet!! Hey, if you ever upgrade your rims, I want first dibs on your chrome stock ones..OK?

newc5188 said:
I was messing around in photoshop and I basically made what I want my explorer to look like. Please tell me what you think. Sorry it is so blurry my camera is awful.
You want honesty? Here ya go....

That looks awesome... The only thing I would change is the side bars or steps or whatever they are called. They don't look right. The airdam and painted mirrors look awesome. Maybe a change in the wheels too. The 2 sets of wheels that I think look awesome on white Explorers are the white saleen style wheels and the chrome CobraR's. But that's just me. Are you going to get it painted like that or is it just a thought?

I would really like to have it painted like that, but I am low on money at the moment.

BBQ_HotDogs said:
Maybe a change in the wheels too. The 2 sets of wheels that I think look awesome on white Explorers are the white saleen style wheels and the chrome CobraR's. But that's just me. Are you going to get it painted like that or is it just a thought?

Where can I get the Saleen style wheels. I tried looking on eBay a minute ago and all I saw was Mustang wheels.

off-road97Xplor said:
Very nice, I don't think i can PhotoShop that good.
Thanks, I have been using photoshop for quite awhile but recently just got into modifying cars and such. Here are some tutorials that you can learn alot from, I know I did. :D http://digimods.co.uk/tutorials/tutorials.htm

newc5188 said:
Where can I get the Saleen style wheels. I tried looking on eBay a minute ago and all I saw was Mustang wheels.
expo5.0 is selling a set right now in the for sell forum.

Man... I missed that by only what seems like a few days. :( Its a pitty he sold them already. I will give expo a PM I guess, I really do like the wheels he had.

Back