"ICE" notification on my overhead console LED | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

"ICE" notification on my overhead console LED

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Question/Theory

Okay, I was crawling around under my Ex the other day (I can actually do it without jacking it up Man I love my 32's) Anyways, beside the transfercase I noticed an interesting looking electical box on the inside of the frame rail on the driver's side. It was right beside the wiring harness going to the t-case. The wiring harness for this interesting box went into the body just away from the frame into the floorboard. What caught my attention about the box is that it said "Warning Contains Mercury" ¿What is that? ¿Is that my outside air temp. sensor like I think it is?

I personally think the word "Bling Bling" flashing would make more of a statement. :D

I think the reason for picking the 38 degree mark is because the X is measuring air tempurature, not the temp on the road. If the air temp is 38 degrees then the road could be colder than that (ie: 32 for freezing).

Ice can also remain in tempuratures above freezing - melting ice is more dangerous than frozen ice.

yeah i love everyone who rides with goes, whoa theres ice, like the explorer is a @$# genious for figuring it out.

Remember the sign: Bridge freezes before road surface!

Back