car2.jpg

So far I have done:

Tinted Windows
Torsion Keys/Shackle lift
Plasti-Dip Stock Rims
Plasti-Dip Tail lights/top brake light
Added a New CD/MP3 Head Unit.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

is it 2wd or 4x4?

Paint the gray trim black.

I thought about that DjDom...I don't really want to plasti-dip because it will just wear off. I was thinking about trying the Rhino-Liner paint on it.

May want to check in the 3rd Gen area. this is from 1995-2001 area. like seeing your ex, but you may have more luck with issues on the 2rd gen forum.

Plasti dip holds up pretty good actually and it's cheap and completely 100 percent removable if you or who you sell it to does not like it... But to each their own...

Looks pretty good so far, I would just say some bigger tires. But this is in the right thread 01-03 sports are considered part of the 2nd gen. Other than that are you wanting suggestions on just the looks of it, or more on the suspension engine on it?

Thanks Frankcal...I'm really looking for exterior mods. I have held off on tires so far because the ones that came on it were brand new when I bought it back in January. I added running boards a few weeks ago but, I ended up taking them off.

What percent tint is that? Looks nice what cd MP3 player did you buy? And how about some hid lights??

lower it

What percent tint is that? Looks nice what cd MP3 player did you buy? And how about some hid lights??

Tint is 35% on the front windows and factory (I assume 20%) on the other windows...I just picked up a cheap mp3/cd player off of Craigslist. It works with my iPod/iPhone so that's all I care about. I haven't really looked into HIDs yet. Do you have any recommendations on HID kits.

Frankcal, did you paint your trim black or plasti-dip?

Yeah alot of people don't like to have the running boards. I painted all the trim black with rust o leum and clear cloat. Leaves it nice and smooth. With the rhino liner i've read it leaves it pretty rough and catches a lot of dirt.

Yeah alot of people don't like to have the running boards. I painted all the trim black with rust o leum and clear cloat. Leaves it nice and smooth. With the rhino liner i've read it leaves it pretty rough and catches a lot of dirt.

Did you take the trim off to paint it? I would need to do a matte black to match the plasti-dip on my wheels.

Well I bought a whole new set off of craigslist since some guy was parting out his sport locally. So I gave myself a lot of time to let them dry and such, but in the end they still ended up kinda splotchy because it was kinda windy when I clear coated them.
As for the color I would say just to make em what ever you feel comfortable with. Its really not hard at all to do, just takes a lot of patience. I would suggest taking them off, because taping off the whole car is really really time consuming. I have satin colored wheels, so originally I painted the cladding flat to match it, but now theyre glossy and I really like them with the gloss. The gloss, to me, makes them look like more of the original body even though its not 100% color matched.

I'm thinking I may pull them off and do plasti-dip just to make sure I like the look, and I will only be out of around $20 if I don't like it.

I almost had an '02 Sport same color as yours bought at a sheriff's auction Sat. I thought I had it and I was reaching for my bidder's # when somebody else stepped up and outbid me. I bid another time and let it go for $650. The body looked to be in great shape, but the interior was a mess and the rear hatch had several issues. Driver's door wouldn't open from the inside either. It wouldn't start, and was a 5 speed or I might have kept bidding. The manual trans would have meant nobody else in the family could drive it, which is not all bad, but they're not going to drive my 70,000 mile '02 Sport Trac either! I bid on it figuring I could save the front end and interior as spare parts for my Sport Trac if I decided it needed too much to get on the road. Oh well.

Sounds like a steal...I picked mine up for 2500 last January. It had 120K on it and no major mechanical issues.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Might have been a steal. Might have been a deep money pit. I was looking at it as a winter vehicle for my wife, or a parts truck for my Sport Trac if needed. The 5 speed manual meant my wife couldn't drive it, but I would have tried to get it running properly any way. Like I said, it has a number of issues, but a lot of good parts, too. Even had the bag for the console which is missing from my truck. One of the hinges for the hatch window was missing, as was the inside hatch panel. The hatch glass was padlocked to the door. The rear latch handle (exterior) was gone, too. The engine cranked, but wouldn't start. The finish on the stock wheels was shot. Needed tires. Interior was full of clothes and trash. Driver's seat was in need of new cushions and some, possibly minor, repair to the cloth. It was a project for sure, but well worth the $$$. I just didn't want that big a project, especially with the 5 speed. But man, the body looked really nice!

Back