What else should I add to my explorer sport? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What else should I add to my explorer sport?

02exps4x4

Reaction score
City, State
georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 explorer sport 4x4
I've have my 2002 explorer sport 4x4 5 speed since May of this year. So far i have added shackles, plasti dipped stock wheels, plasti dipped bumpers, grill, and exterior trim, and smoked the lights. I have a thrust Glass pack muffler ready to be welded on. What else should I add with a low budget?
pictures-

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you considered any performance adding? As far as power?

Not bad for a gen 3!
or is that still a 2?

I have consisted a CAI but that is it as far as performance. I want to add some nice fog lights as there isn't any or maybe some kc lights. Its at 2002 sport so i guess that would still be consisted a gen 2.

If you can find one, put a bull bar on the front of that and mount some nice lights on it.

I've been trying to find a bull bar forever..

window tint would add a lot to the blacked out look it seems you are going for in my opinion. nice ride by the way :thumbsup:

HIDs would be good. How are the plasti-dipped rims working out? I was thinking about trying that myself.

The pasti dip on the wheels is great, but make sure to get them clean and do several coats. On the trim though it has rubbed off a little where my leg slides on it when getting out.

I read where it takes pretty much 1 can per wheel...is that about right?

The pasti dip on the wheels is great, but make sure to get them clean and do several coats. On the trim though it has rubbed off a little where my leg slides on it when getting out.

remove your pin stripe

I read where it takes pretty much 1 can per wheel...is that about right?

i believe i used 1.5 cans for four wheels.. 2 cans for front bumper and 1.5 cans for back bumper. I have a few extra cans for touch ups and what not..

Yes 2 cans will be enough for all 4 wheels. My front bumper could use another coat but I ran out of plasti dip and didn't feel like buying more.

Does anyone have a suggestion for tires?

I have a 2000 explorer and I plasti dipped all the same things you did, except my truck is white. I also plasti dipped my door handles. Your trucks looks sweet btw.

Back