I'm a visual learner. I need some information on OBDI scanning. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I'm a visual learner. I need some information on OBDI scanning.

43R1c26

Reaction score
City, State
Stockbridge, Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Eddie Bauer
i'm fairly new to the working on cars myself thing. i have a elderly widow neighbor with a 91 4.0 v6. not sure if it has egr or not. but she has a check engine light on. i"ve read how to check it but would rather be able to see how this is done. has anyone done a vid for this.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if no one has a vid. Can some one at least take a picture of where i'm suppose to put the paperclip at please

My "notes on pulling EEC-IV codes" thread has a couple of links to videos.

Self-test connector is under the hood, passenger side. There are several diagrams on the net, including one in BrooklynBay's EEC-IV code list thread. Most self-respecting repair manuals will also have the diagram.

Does that help?

ok so im still a dunce and should be put in the corner with the hat on. I'm just too much of a visual learner, i read the sticky and went to the link with the pencil sketch but i really would like it. if some one took the time to post up actual under the hood pics with fingers pointing at stuff.

What are the other 2 forums? We are high in rank in a Google search. Do a search on Google, and you will see how many links come up.

well seeing as im a svt groupie you know they rank #1 and then id say you guys#2. then a race for three amongst the ratsun (aka datsun) forum and audi

i do the ranking by who is most helpful and who has the most how-to sticky threads with pics or videos. and just the overall grammer, confidence and patience the members show.

Back