I'm BACK!!!!!

udmsvt

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Limited 5.0 AWD
OK, so many of you have no clue who I am and most of youd don't care. I was an Elite member a couple years ago with a 93 sport rocking 32s. I traded it in for a cavalier because I was doing alot of driving and couldn't deal with 12mpg (and didnt have money to regear).

Fast forward to this past weekend. I took delivery of my new (to me) 4x4. I know, it's not an explorer....for that matter, it's not a ford (I tried, but couldnt get financed for a ranger). BUT it does have 4wd, which is the important part.

Here it is....

'02 Chevy S10 4.3L ex-cab 4x4.

This thing is fairly basic. Manual locks/windows/mirrors, but auto trans. CD, 3dr, Air, tow package, bedliner, tonneau, VINYL floors (still don't know if I like them or not), and BFG A/T KO 30x9.5/15s.

Looking forward to getting back into the 4x4 world, but no plans to do anything wild until I get it mostly paid off.

Attachments

• S10a.jpg
    S10a.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 227

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome again man

my 4x2 toyota has more clearance than that... and bigger tires ;)

jimabena74 said:
my 4x2 toyota has more clearance than that... and bigger tires ;)

Not when you bought it :p

boominXplorer said:
Not when you bought it :p

no kidding!

Mines not as high as a ZR2 but it sets about the same as a ranger 4x4. It came with 235/70/15s but the previous owner upgraded :D

I'm not planning a lift at all. maybe WAY down the road, but fist and foremost I'm doing tint, converting to powere locks and getting keyless/alarm/remote start. I might even get a small plow for winter.

udmsvt said:
I'm not planning a lift at all. maybe WAY down the road, but fist and foremost I'm doing tint, converting to powere locks and getting keyless/alarm/remote start. I might even get a small plow for winter.

Do not plow with that thing. If you want to plow, get a F250-350. Snow is very hard on a truck. Nice truck though, welcome back.

-Drew

I think the reason it looks like it sits so low is because the curb on the other side of the truck looks like part of the truck, but isn't.

ExplorerDMB said:
Do not plow with that thing. If you want to plow, get a F250-350. Snow is very hard on a truck. Nice truck though, welcome back.

-Drew

nothing heavy duty; just my driveway and the lot at my store

udmsvt said:
OK, so many of you have no clue who I am and most of youd don't care. I was an Elite member a couple years ago with a 93 sport rocking 32s.

Easy to remember...You have piercings, and either got a PA, or were contemplating it. :eek:

Crankcase said:
Easy to remember...You have piercings, and either got a PA, or were contemplating it. :eek:

Haha so what ever went through with that?

PA, ouch. That just ain't even right.

boominXplorer said:
Haha so what ever went through with that?

was contemplating it. I did get the tongue done though...then had to take it out....then got it redone.

Welcome back. I vividly remember the PA thread. :D

snocross1985 said:
Welcome back. I vividly remember the PA thread. :D

I remember that thread too......it's in the Explorer Babes forum. I even asked what the hell it was but no one was willing to enlighten me :(

Anyway, nice to see you back among us :)

udmsvt said:
as far as pride in another vehicle, i hav said it before and i will say it again, i am a ricer at heart.
So, you gonna rice out that S10? :thumbsup:

Welcome back. As far as plowing with it, I wouldn't, not even a driveway and small parking lot. Plowing eats small 4X4's and their trannys, that is if you get snow like we do in NH. I'm assuming you do since you're in MI.

Back