I'm from Spain and I have problems with my Explorer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I'm from Spain and I have problems with my Explorer

His english is better than most of the people at this site :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi there;

I printed all your photos and explanations in the forum of how to replace the sticky governor of my Ford Explorer 92 and I went to the mechanic to show him what to do (as I told you in the forum here in Spain there is no experience in reparing a Ford Explorer, there are only few on the road). And yesterday nigh he called me to my cellphone and told me that he was under the truck and he did not know where to begin (oh my god!), can you give me the first steps to reach the first photo of your explanation please?

Thanks a lot for your help...

Xavi from Barcelona

I didn't see you mention if it is a 4x4 or a 4x2 explorer.. I'm going to assume 4x4..

If so, step 1 is to remove the transfer case.. Here are the instructions for that..

http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiB..._us/0900823d/80/0b/ae/65/0900823d800bae65.jsp

Once the transfercase is removed you can look in the back of the transmission and see the governer in there. (It should look similar to the pictures that Glacier put up... but I"m not sure which picture you are looking at).

~Mark

Thank you very much

Xavi

Xavi, there's a really knowledgeable guy in La Coruña that fixed my A4LD a little while back. I can get you his phone number if you still need it..

Back