I'm sliding in my seat

Jason94sport

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 EB V8
Any easy thing I can do? When turning, my behind is sliding across the "leather" seat bottom. Then I crash into the driver arm rest. There's no grip at all. I'm used to aggressive bolsters that prevent this.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any easy thing I can do? When turning, my behind is sliding across the "leather" seat bottom. Then I crash into the driver arm rest. There's no grip at all. I'm used to aggressive bolsters that prevent this.

Thanks
one thing first- make sure the seat is free of greasy protectants, or body oil. even bolstered seats youll slide in w/ those. detailer part of me aside- not too sure aside from swapping seats

I'm guessing the dealer used something on the seats to make them shine which also made them slick to sit on.

I cleaned them with Zaino leather cleaner. No help there. Can I use dish soap to clean them? Like I use dawn before claying the paint?

I cleaned them with Zaino leather cleaner. No help there. Can I use dish soap to clean them? Like I use dawn before claying the paint?
i wouldnt use dawn, since leather does need some nutrient in order to keep them from drying and cracking. i find leather cleaners are usually ok at preserving those, even though usually i follow up with a light application of a leather protector. also not a big fan of dawn before claying, as while it strips the waxes etc, i have found it a bit aggressive at times, but this is coming from someone who does this alot. usually i use an IPA panel ipe. sometimes certain leathers, usually the newer ones with the sprayed on dye can be slippery by nature, especially as they age. havent figured out why yet

My dad uses dawn and wood furniture polish on his leather seats. 34 years later they still look new.

Back