Leather Seat Upgrade Questions | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Leather Seat Upgrade Questions

If you dont like the color, just re-sale them or try and trade them to someone who has the right color.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats!!! If those seats are from a '95 or a '96, then the color is different. '95 and '96 Explorer's interior is Light Saddle instead of Medium Pierre Tan, which was introduced in '97 and still uses it. Light Saddle is a darker shade of beige...close to a light brown color. That's why I can't ever find the seats with the right color. I really really want to get rid of my cloth seats but I don't want to get some lighter colored seats because it looks really ghetto, IMO.

i have the opposite. i have 2000 leather(same as 99) in my 96. it is definitely lighter but it almost looks custom and i have got nothing but great compliments on it. also, what i'm about to have done is get "explorer" embroidered on the backs of the seat in the dark tan original color so that the seats and everything offset together. don't worry it wil look nice either way.

8559exhaust_002.jpg

Thanks for the great replies!
I don't think the color is too far off from my stock colors...medium prairie tan.
You can see the picture of them on the previous page in this thread. The color just appears a little different. I just thought the EB were a little closer, but either will probably look ok.
The seats are listed as coming from a 97 model limited Explorer. The EBs were from a 98.
I just payed so now I just have to wait!!!
My BBK throttle body is also on the way!!!
Thanks,
Ken
The embroidered 'Explorer" will look great on those seats...nice idea. I guess mine already have 'Limited' embossed into the leather.

Originally posted by Bottomlesspit
The embroidered 'Explorer" will look great on those seats...nice idea. I guess mine already have 'Limited' embossed into the leather.

yeah, you already have limited on there, but you can also change the color of the embroidery if you wanted to. i'm sure a custom shop could dye the color whatever you wanted.

Back