• Register Today It's free!

In-dash 6CD - Driving me CRAZY!

Beano

Reaction score
City, State
North Haven, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Sport
Hi everyone, a few weeks ago the radio in my 2001 Explorer Sport (Pioneer in dash 6CD changer) decided to not respond when asked to play, insert, or eject a cd. I ran the self test and it said that there was no CD/DJ, meaning that it was fried (I heard that was a common problem w/ these units). I of course checked all fuses, even pulled some out and disconnected the battery for hoursss to try to reset the unit, to no avail. I then ordered a new unit from replacementradios.com. It just came today, so I slid out the old unit, and popped in the new one. Only that is giving me the exact same error. It shows that theres discs inside, and just says cd error if i try to play/eject/insert. Does anybody know what could be wrong? Is it something w/ the truck and not the radio? It kills me to not be able to listen to my music when i want. Please help.

Wow, no need for any help folks, I took apart my old cd changer and took out all the cds (one was sorta out of place), and just fooled around w/ it and then threw it back in the car for kicks- and it works!
But if anyone has any thoughts/ideas about what could be wrong w/ my new unit I'd really appreciate them, before I try to send it back.

if the old one works , why keep the new one, send it back,

Back