in need of wheel help and suggestions! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

in need of wheel help and suggestions!

00explorer8

Reaction score
City, State
Orlando, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Eddie Bauer 5.0 V8
I have a 2000 EB Explorer with the 5.0. Its a 2wd but im fixing to lift it. I bought tires from a guy off craigslist just to find out they arent the same bolt pattern he said they were. they're 5x5.5 and my explorer is (according to discount tire) 5X4.5. I know they make lug adapters, but is there any brands that are known to be better than others? And money is NOT unlimited, unfortunantely. any help would be greately appreciated :)

Spidertrax makes some good ones. But you're better off getting different wheels if you're just running stock suspension.

i was thinking about just getting new wheels but they started at 80$ a piece for just okay ones. like i said i have a very limited budget *sigh* I guess i might as well post what i plan to do: SOA, spindle, TT, and eventual BL. What will the adapters harm suspension wise? Sorry, but im a newbie to this

cragar soft 8 black steel wheels. $40 on summit. take it to discount and they'll match the price on the same Unique rims which are made by the same people. I'm going through this right now. I just printed off the prices from online and I'm taking them in tomorrow

Back