In PA 883 process | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

In PA 883 process

99 Stud

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport
Hey, Newb here in the middle of installing the PA 883 BL. I am just about ready to start putting the blocks in, but I'm afraid that the brake lines and possibly even the fuel lines (hope to God not them too) don't have enough stretching room when I do lift. I have read through the instructions and have gone through a bunch of "How to" threads, but I can't seem to find any help with how to bend the lines or what brackets to release them from.

If someone could help me out with any tips that'd be awesome.

Thanks,
Austin

O and I have a 99 Sport 4x4

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

when I did mine everything had give to it except the steering shaft. but I have a 98 xlt

I searched... and i read through that one, but I still don't know how many brackets to take the brake line out of. I have taken the lines out of two and then unbolted two brackets from the frame rail with fuel lines in them as well. Is that enough?

I dont think you dont need to touch the brake lines or the fuel lines .. well especially not the fuel lines because that never touches the body, its always on the chassis so there is no change. The brake lines should be okay too because it has a flexible braided line between the body and the chassis.

Alright, thanks a lot. I'll just make sure to keep an eye on them as i'm lifting the body tomorrow.

Didn't have to do anything to the fuel lines on my 99. Just remove the brake lines from the bracket on the drivers side fender well and bend them up just a bit. That's all it took when I did mine.

So I got the lift on and have been driving it around in the snow and everything seems to be ok. All I did was unhook the lines from the brackets, like I was told, and they seem to be fine. 4x4 motor is great, e brake is fine, and my shift extention and steering extention have been working fine. Thanks for the help guys!

Back