• Register Today It's free!

PA-883, 3" Body Lift

PA99XploderSport

Reaction score
City, State
Lebanon, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer XLT
I am looking to get a PA-883 3" body lift for my 99 Explorer Sport. My question is..... Are there any problem areas or special parts I might need to get to install this kit? Also I'm too cheap to get someone to install this so are there directions somewhere on this forum on how to install a body lift on a 99 X Sport?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Help

Any Help out there today?

Thanks men:salute:

Monday.....Monday!!

Alright I guess I will have to check back on Monday...haha:confused:

:salute:

well ill try to help ya out, dont have one/never installed one so correct me if im wrong...but: think all u need is radiator drop brackets, my friend put a 3" bl on his ranger and didnt both to put those on and seems to still cool fine. if u have manual tranny u should get the shifter extension. i belive u DO need the steering extension and then, this is up to you and the looks, but might wanna make gap gaurds out of rubber mat stuff to hide the big gap in fender wells. then bumper brakets, if seen em for sale on here, as well as the template to make them yourself... hope this helps

o and i think they come with directions, but its pretty easy days work, also you will need aprox. 15-20 cans of PB Blaster LOL, and from what i have heard...start soaking them now lol good luck

Help Please

Okay all this is a big help is there any other issues I might run into when doing a 3" body lift on my 2nd Gen X-sport?

Is there a thread with step by step directions on installing a body lift on a 2nd Gen X-Sport?

hey man, I just did mine last year and it wasn't too bad. make sure you have another vechicle to make emergency hardware runs. remember the kit is for a ranger, not an explorer. some of the bolts in the kit are too long some might be too short. the bumper brackets will have to be made, and also a new e-brake cable bracket. I installed mine in my shop at work so i was fortunate enough to have everything there to cut, weld, or fabricate if need be. just try to be prepared and take your time. don't try to rush it or you will get in trouble quick! good luck:thumbsup: :D

quick question here for this do you need to replace shocks?

ok now which kit will i need for my 96 the 883? or the 853?

Back