Indiglo gauges install, or HOW TO REMOVE CLUSTER!! ( warning 22 pictures ) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Indiglo gauges install, or HOW TO REMOVE CLUSTER!! ( warning 22 pictures )

I noticed that too. I thought about getting the selector out of a Sport Trac since they are white. Anybody know what color they are at night?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Putting a Sport Trac selector in there would be cool. According to my Sport Trac info book, the white guages light up green too. The white selcetor would be sweet...just gotta figure out a way to make it glow blue.

Anybody know a place I could pick up the Sport Trac selector and a set of the needles for cheap? I sent Paxton an email but haven't heard back.

Sheesh, I didn't know putting indiglo gauges in took that much effort :(

Great write-up nonetheless.

great write- up i just ordered them... guess i know what im doing sunday ;)

Wow...this writeup is incredible. I have been looking at those gauges on Ebay, wondering if they are hard to install. I would end up electrocuting myself, but my juvenile delinquent next door neighbors would find it a snap with your excellent instructions.

I agree with the rest of the posts..it should go in the Hall of Fame Archive. If you decide to install anything else, and feel like taking pictures, I think you'll have an audience!

Thanks very much!

Emmy

How did you install the dimmer and selector switch where you did? I should have asked this question before i got my gagues, but I guess I might see how you did it when I get my dash apart.

It was easier than it looks. I just removed the knob by pulling the knob off and undoing the nut. To remove the switch I had to cut the wires off, removed the switch then reattach all the wires. I used a drill to make the hole for the knob and a dremel to cut the square hole for the switch.

Welp got them today..... I cant wait for tomorrow... time for some fun =)))))

Mike

i just installed them too, i haven't decided what to do with the switch yet though, i don't want it to be visible? the write up was great, i followed it exactly and it worked great, if i hadn't made a stupid mistake and been forced to redo the whole thing it would have been done in under an hour and a half. btw i'm not saying what he stupid mistake was so don't ask.

You could also write up you mistake in the "Woops" forum :banghead:. As for the switch why not just mount it under the dash, that way if you should need to use it, you could just reach under the dash.

grr after seeing how nice these look im so jealous and mad that they dont make them for us 1st gen X'ers! well maybe one day they'll have them....

hmm maybe i could jam a set of 95+ gauges in there? yea i wish...:fire:

yeah, i actually ended up removing the fuse panel running the switch into there setting it on blue and a mid to high brightness than putting the fuse panel back in. after i looked at them at night, i decided i would always want them to be the same shade of blue. so i didn't really need the switch to be in reach all of the time. as for the mistake, lets just say that one of the gauges wasn't working right and i had to fix it.

Ok i know i am retarded, but i have a 95 sport. will these instructions bigtig gave work on this one too? I cant seem to find the "Remove the top 2 screws using a 8mm socket. " and "Gently pull the steel plate down and remove the 2 exposed screws using a 7mm socket. " thats as far as i've goten so far lol. I dont know which screws he is talking about in those 2 lines. Can someone explain further? unfortunetly his pictures on this page arent working, HELPPPP!

Can someone email me these pictures? they wont show up on my comp for some reason. I really need help! thanks!

SlikGolfer@aol.com

hey slick i'm coming home tomorrow, i can help you with the install if you want or if that doesn't work, i can e-mail you the install process. give me a pm or respond here or something

Here's another write up that has pictures. Oso_polar used text that I wrote a while back and added his own pictures. If you compare what Bigtig and I wrote, and then look at oso_polar's pictures, you might be able to see what you are missing. Hope this helps.

Dead Link Removed

pics not working 4 me

Saved this thread a while back for reference for when i get my set of indiglo guages 1st of February. Now the pics are not working. Worked fine on original post. Is there a problem on your end with the pics showing up? Anyway, excellent job on this most informative thread. Thanks a lot.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry guys!! The pics aren't working because the server that was hosting them went down. I need one of the moderaters to store the pics locally so they can be viewed by everybody. For now though you can download a self extracting zip file of all the pics here:

Dead Link Removed

Back