Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Limited
Here's the story, pictures to follow!

Story and pictures courtesy of MSN Carpoint

At last year’s NAIAS, Infiniti unveiled a unique concept called the FX45. Nicknamed the “bionic cheetah,” the sporty-looking crossover vehicle garnered a lot of media attention. Today Nissan’s premium marque unveiled the production version of this premium SUV.

Before showing the new FX45, Infiniti got things rolling by unveiling an all-new concept vehicle, the Triant.

Designed with both the new G35 sport coupe and FX45 in mind, the Triant features classic sport-coupe lines with aggressive styling and obvious off-road capability. Highlights include electrically operated gull-wing doors and a sliding rear seat that doubles cargo capacity when folded.

Although no production plans for Triant were announced, it’s important to note that two other recent models went into production shortly after their concept debut.

One of those concept-to-production models is the new FX45. With production styling very close to the original concept, the new SUV was developed, designed and engineered specifically for the U.S. market. The FX45’s aggressive exterior styling is further enhanced by standard 20-inch wheels.

Inside, the newest Infiniti offers an available DVD video entertainment system with wireless headphones, as well as a GPS navigation system and RearView monitor.

A 315-horsepower 4.5-liter V8 engine driving all four wheels powers the FX45. Equipped with a 3.5-liter V6, the FX35 is available with either all- or rear-wheel drive.

Mark McNabb, vice president and general manager of Infiniti, reported that the FX45 is expected to be the best-selling model for the company. The new model goes on sale on January 24, with prices ranging from $34,200 for the FX35 with rear-wheel drive up to $44,225 for the all-wheel-drive FX45.

And as an aside, McNabb announced that a full-size Infiniti SUV would be coming to market in the near future; however, details would not be available until later this year.

Attachments

• fx451.jpg
    fx451.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 612

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What do you think guys? I'm not too sure myself. Infiniti is definately coming into their own style here, but I'm not sure I care for it.

Pretty cool for a car........

Originally posted by Stephen
I actually think I like the Nissan version better :eek:

im with you stephen. i kinda like the murano, though i havent seen a lot of it.

I saw it in person at the DC car show, I like the lines, its very fluid and has a sort of elegance that the Infiniti doesnt have at all.

Back