Install of grille lights and Siren | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Install of grille lights and Siren

Explorer0693

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Boston, Massachusetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 Explorer XLT
i am a firefighter in MA so i went up to Maine to visit a friend who does installs on cars and trucks. Because he has and explorer as well he knew where to run everything.

For my Lights- I am running a LED Stealth 6 Visor light bar as an under cover, LED Dual Dash light,
and for my Grille i am running E-24 Grille and Surface mount strobe light.

All of these lights are purchased from WWW.ExtremeTacticalDynamics.com all of there lights are great for there prices, also they are super super bright i recommend checking out all of there products

For my Siren: Carson SA-361 Defender siren with the Carson 100W speaker
this siren is great its very small and great for Firefighters who have limited room in there cars or trucks and sound great! i recommend it if you are looking for a siren if you have limited space

Now for the Pictures of the Install

This is the Siren Switch next to my pager, You can see how small it is so you can put it anywhere
siren9_zps50a48483.jpg

The Silver box is the Amp for the Switch you can see how small it is so you can put it any where, we took out the bucket in the center console for the arm rest because we were going for a under cover type of install
siren1_zpsdf54f0e5.jpg

Here we have the Switch and the Amp. The is in the center console for the under cover look so everything is hidden
siren7_zps6a4cada7.jpg

Next, we Pulled off the grille and started to feed all the wiring from inside the car through the firewall to the grille to power the siren and grille lights
siren2_zps1c61e77e.jpg

here you can see where the siren speaker is in the lower part of the Grille, but we didn't end up putting it there. we put it in the upper part of the grille and it is behind the ford emblem
siren3_zps7dc9666c.jpg

Here you can see where we mounted the Grille lights. We took two pieces of metal and cut them down to the size of the light, we took screws and screwed them through the flange and then into the metal in behind the grille for a sandwich type of install
siren4_zpsbdfc9382.jpg

Just finished the wiring and putting everything back together
siren5_zps17620217.jpg

Here you can see the Siren speaker behind the Ford Emblem this speaker is very loud! and does what it needs to do
siren6_zpsefbe3d1b.jpg

We put in two rocker switches in the console, the one on the far side is for the grille lights, you flip that and they turn on. The switch closer in the picture is for the siren switch the siren won't work unless that is flipped on, we put this in for a reason if I'm in the car with friends and the try to play with it or if i have a family member use my car for the day or something light that i think its a great thing also so it does accidentally get turned on
siren8_zps71defe2c.jpg

Here are a few pictures of mine and my friends explorer with are lights going
siren10_zps97f99ef2.jpg

siren12_zpsfba32625.jpg

siren14_zps8289f4e5.jpg

IF you have ANY questions about the install of how i did something don't hesitate to ask! Also If there are any others on here that are Firefighters who have pictures of there lights, Post them id love to see what you all have!

Thanks Guys!

Explorer0693

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks nice. It's amazing all the little changes Ford made from year-to-year / model-to-model, I have a coin pocket in my ST where those rockers are.

And we all really need to get a mass-produced radiator skid so we can scrap that plastic guard (I've thought about RCI, but their skid definitely won't bolt up without drilling, and may be not wide enough for the U251 platform).
Your Ex looks perfect other than that.

Nice rig, nice lights! I was wondering about the trouble codes you had. Did the new abs sensor fix it?

Nice rig, nice lights! I was wondering about the trouble codes you had. Did the new abs sensor fix it?

I have not had a chance to take a look at them I haven't had any problems my guess it's a sensor

Do your dash lights still come on? Sorry for hyjacking the thread. ;)

Hi Explorer0693

You have a nice explorer. I am a volunteer firefighter in northwest Missouri. I just bought a 06 Explorer. I have the same siren as you. I am trying to get everything switched over to this 06. I know where to mount the speaker at now. My son has a set of the E24 lights. I am going buy a set for my explorer.

Thanks Walt75

I tried running my dynamax speaker in the same location, had it wired all pretty and upon trying to get the grill back it was about a half inch too far foreward. I had it back against the center post. How'd you get around this happening?

What did you do to your headlights and fog lights? they look good and i would like to do the same

Back