Installation done... High pitched tweet sound?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Installation done... High pitched tweet sound??

Jon-Lombardi

Reaction score
City, State
South Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
I just got done installing my amp, sub, and deck today. I also used a Metra wiring harness for my new radio as well. I go to finally cut the radio on and play a song on my mp3 player and when nothing is happening, a high pitch tweet occurs. It does it quickly and it won't stop.

Idk if I need to get another wire for my sub, or if something else is doing it. I have connected everything properly though.

This also happens with the other options like radio and cd playing as well. You can hear it during the song, which is funny, because it goes with the song, but it's still annoying.

Any help would be awesome!

Thank you!

Jon

Well, it's not really a "tweet" sound, but it does happen every time the sub goes off... I think that it has to do with the sub or amp in general.

White noise does emit at a quiet level, but it is still questionable.

it is probably interference/slight ground on your system.

you should make sure of the following:

1. Ground wire is on bare metal
2. Power wire (+12v) is secured well, in addition to having an inline fuse no more than 18" from the battery.
3. RCA and remote amp turn on should be run on OPPOSITE side of the vehicle (driver/passenger) than the +12v power.

#3 is likely your cause.

it is probably interference/slight ground on your system.

you should make sure of the following:

1. Ground wire is on bare metal
2. Power wire (+12v) is secured well, in addition to having an inline fuse no more than 18" from the battery.
3. RCA and remote amp turn on should be run on OPPOSITE side of the vehicle (driver/passenger) than the +12v power.

#3 is likely your cause.

Yep, did all 3. I put the ground wire on a hook that is in the back, underneath the carpet. My neighbor used to work on this stuff and he had a 96 mountaineer and he told me that was the best place to put it without drilling holes or anything.

Back