Installing 4 way amp for front speakers? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Installing 4 way amp for front speakers?

metstalker

Reaction score
City, State
Atl, Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Ford Explorer XLT
i am thinking of installing a four way amp in my explorer i already have a 10 inch 250w amp in the back so almost all the hard wires have ran but i have a kenwood cd player and it only has one (pre amp output) is there a way for me to rig the 4 way amp along with the subwoofer. (have not bought anything yet but am planning on doing so in a couple months)

First make sure your power wire is large enough to support both amps.

If your decks output says "front" or "rear" you are somewhat safe. There are actually a few ways to do this. Worst way is to use a bunch of RCA Y adapters. The better way is if either of the amps have an RCA output on them. If one of them does, then run and RCA out of one amp and into the other. But, you also need to see if the 4 channel has a 2/4 input selector, so you can run it using only one RCA in. If it doesn't then you'll have to at least use Y adapters on this amp. Here is the bad part about all of this, no fadability (front/reat) anymore, everything will all be through that one output from your deck. But yes, it will work :) Good luck!

thanks and i think that the power support is big enough and the fade is not really a problem.

oh, any suggestions on cheap amps around 150 dollars 4 way.

Back