Installing/Removing a Superlift lift kit | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Installing/Removing a Superlift lift kit

1997XLTRollover

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 AWD 5.0
Hey guys, to make a long story short no one seems to want my 99 5.0 as a lifted truck, so I'm debating pulling the lift kit off it. How hard is it to do? I'm thinking about it and it seems like it's a lot of work so I don't know if I want to tackle it or not.

The other thing I was debating doing is pulling the suspension off my 96 and swapping it with my 99. 96 is also a 5.0 truck with a TT, shackles and AAL. Am I insane for doing this or is it worth it? I'm not sure I want a 8" lifted DD (my 96 is my daily).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is this the same truck thats been for sale on SVTP?

Is this the same truck thats been for sale on SVTP?

Quite possibly. I forget I even listed it there if I did haha.

This truck:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=424743

I've put 3k miles on it since I listed it for sale haha. I'll just keep driving it until it sells but I need the cash at this point and not another vehicle. I have 5 and it's just too many especially when I'm paying to store them all. I have people who expressed interest in stock form, so it just seems like no one wants a lifted truck.

No opinions on this at all? I have to believe a lot of people have done the superlift.

Not too many people have done the Superlift.

With those tiny tires the Superlift looks out of place. I bet if you could get a set of cheap 33s, it would sell.

Did you install the lift kit? If so, you should know exactly how hard it is to remove.

Where are you in the country? Lifted trucks sell better in some parts of the country than others.

As 2TimingTom said your location is probably hurting you. In your post it says you're from NJ, and I like to think there isn't a whole lot of offroading going on there (Yes, I know there are woods in NJ and some good spots in PA, but still).

As 2TimingTom said your location is probably hurting you. In your post it says you're from NJ, and I like to think there isn't a whole lot of offroading going on there (Yes, I know there are woods in NJ and some good spots in PA, but still).

You'd be surprised about NJ. I have actually removed and re-installed one of these lifts from a blown up XLT and on to a EB 4 door. It is not rocket science and is a lot of wrenching basically. If you want it done PM me.

With those tiny tires the Superlift looks out of place. I bet if you could get a set of cheap 33s, it would sell.

Did you install the lift kit? If so, you should know exactly how hard it is to remove.

Where are you in the country? Lifted trucks sell better in some parts of the country than others.

I agree. It used to have 33's on it and they looked great, but the cost of the 33's would mean the truck would have to be priced that much higher and would price it out of the market so they were sold and the stockers put back on.

Obviously I didn't install the lift or I wouldn't have started this thread lol.

There is a lot of off roading out here and a fair amount of lifted trucks/SUV's. It's kind of the redneck north out here haha. Where I'm at it's more open land. My Saturday nights consist of quads doing wheelies, fires in the woods and needing a truck to get there.

You'd be surprised about NJ. I have actually removed and re-installed one of these lifts from a blown up XLT and on to a EB 4 door. It is not rocket science and is a lot of wrenching basically. If you want it done PM me.

I'm debating pulling it yes. I really would hate to do it because the truck is so awesome as it sits. It's pretty popular around my area and everyone knows me by it haha. As stated above it does need a set of 33's but other than that it's a killer truck. But I can't seem to sell it and I don't want to just give it away. Heck I'd drop the price further and keep the stock wheels for my 96 if someone had a set of 33's they wanted to put on it.

What are you asking for it? Also I have the same problem, my sport is lifted and runs 33s, I have a hard time blending in!

What are you asking for it? Also I have the same problem, my sport is lifted and runs 33s, I have a hard time blending in!

It's in the classifieds, but $3800. The truck apparently had 35's on it with only a slight rub at full lock up front. I just found out the interior speakers are aftermarket too from what the PO told me. I shot him a quick e-mail last night asking if he had any 33 or 35's for it and he responded no but it does have aftermarket speakers haha. He's a big explorer nut so I figured maybe he had something but he's apparently getting out of the game now and just bought a jeep.

Well I took your advice but went with 35x12.50's. She definitely looks a lot better on the 35's. Now that people see what the truck looks like on bigger tires hopefully it will sell.

0809151740a_zpsrxpyuwl8.jpg

Back