Installing Setina PB5 on a 2017 Ford Explorer (CIVILIAN) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Installing Setina PB5 on a 2017 Ford Explorer (CIVILIAN)

chaos12135

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 FPIU
It's been a while since I've last posted, but I've now run into a new completely different issue while attempting to install Setina PB5 wrap around bars (PIT BARS). I have a 2017 Ford Explorer XLT (Civilian Model), now with that being said my car has front fog lights unlike most FPIU, and that is the issue is that the way the pit bars are mounted within the inside of the front bumper. I now need to buy those black caps that go as the replacement for the fog lights but I'm having issues finding the part number. I believe the part number is this (FB5Z-17B968-CA), but I don't understand why there is so much extra "panel" just for a small black cap.. I also want to know if anyone has done this before and will there be a problem?
363bc335c907a4b8f1595365758181cb.jpg

4ltubT1wb-ayqixsr7QsqJp4mRqEAs04k5R8ND5AA&usqp=CAc.png

Thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

After looking at some pictures of this on Explorers, I don't see why the fog lights have to be removed. In any case, I don't recall anyone removing their fog lights and installing the "black cap". Several members have, however, removed the cap and installed fog lights.

Peter

After looking at some pictures of this on Explorers, I don't see why the fog lights have to be removed. In any case, I don't recall anyone removing their fog lights and installing the "black cap". Several members have, however, removed the cap and installed fog lights.

Peter

Thanks Peter for getting back to me, I recorded this video to explain horribly what the issue is while installing these Setina PB5 ->

So the issue is that the fog light (which is mostly on the right side of this video and is an off white colour), when trying to put the bumper back on it hits the newly placed black brackets (on the left/center side of the video). So then it's stuck in this limbo forever, unless I find the new part, or some other work around.

So the issue is that the fog light (which is mostly on the right side of this video and is an off white colour), when trying to put the bumper back on it hits the newly placed black brackets (on the left/center side of the video). So then it's stuck in this limbo forever, unless I find the new part, or some other work around.
[/QUOTE]

Hmm...that's interesting. The 2016 PIU that I picked up earlier this year was optioned with regular fog lamp assemblies (fitted w/ blue wig/wags) and had a push bar on it. That version mounted around the front impact bar and through the grill.

Of all suppliers, I was surprised Setina wouldn't have encountered this layout so I went to check their compatibility. Looks like the pb5 is the fender guard and external only (is that right?). So the issue is actually with your push bumper - which one do you have?

Hmm...that's interesting. The 2016 PIU that I picked up earlier this year was optioned with regular fog lamp assemblies (fitted w/ blue wig/wags) and had a push bar on it. That version mounted around the front impact bar and through the grill.

Of all suppliers, I was surprised Setina wouldn't have encountered this layout so I went to check their compatibility. Looks like the pb5 is the fender guard and external only (is that right?). So the issue is actually with your push bumper - which one do you have?
[/QUOTE]
According to the title and picture, he has the BP-5. I still don't see why the fog light has to be removed since it appears the bumper just wraps around it. Maybe I'm missing something. :confused2:

Peter

I think maybe you misunderstood the issue at hand, the pushbar is not the problem, the Setina PB5 wraps are the issue with the fog lights. I've had the pushbar already installed without issue, it's the Setina PB5 and their mounts that attach to parts of the frame. For reference though I have a Go-Rhino pushbar with Setina wraps.

I believe the only solution is to just buy the interceptor black cover fog lights.

Yea, that's why I asked if the PB5 is external only. So where does the pb5 hook into the body outside of the push?

I do see marketing materials showing the pb5 used on 2016+ models with b/r fog wigwags so I assume it can be done.

Back