• Register Today It's free!

Instrument Cluster replacement?

jtrotman

Reaction score
City, State
Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Explorer Eddie Bauer
I have a 2010 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer, 4.0L V6, 2WD. Was looking for a replacement for my cluster and had found a few online with various prices. They keep posting the mileage on the cluster, I don't believe this info is stored in the cluster but rather in the onboard computer, please correct me if I'm wrong. Do these clusters need to be reprogrammed at the Dealer?

I apologize if this is not the correct way to ask a question on this site.

They will need to be reprogrammed at the dealer. Regardless of what's stored on the trucks chips/inside the cluster itself. It'll need to be flashed and reset at the dealer. To my knowledge :)

the cluster has to match all part numbers and options or the dealer will not be able to flash anything the only 2 years that work together is 06-07 all the others must be from matching years and make..... message center / wo message center options

I fried mine so it acts flaky and goes out when speed control is used or lights are turned on.... swapping it out is not worth my money "$500" or have no cluster lights ect..... ill just flip the map light and set cruise control

After reading all the posts on this site and others over the web, there is a consensus that part numbers have to match. I called FORD parts dept. to ask this very question, as I didn't want to waste my money and time and "FRY" the cluster when installed. They told me that part # has to match original for it to work properly and for the connector on the back of the cluster to mate. FYI

Back