• Register Today It's free!

Instrument Panel Color

Celeborn

Reaction score
City, State
Ocala, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Mercury Mountaineer
I've noticed that on '98+ Explorers, the instrument cluster is more of a lime green vs. teal green, is that due to the kind of bulbs, or is it the cluster overlay? I'd like to switch over to the lime green as it doesn't feel as outdated.

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's not the bulbs. They are clear.

Get the Sport White face gauges, they look way better

I put the white faced gauges in my 2000 Ranger.

100_0938_zpscua7rjip.jpg

95-97 are black face with a blueish green back light
98-01 (00 sport) are black face with green back light
01-03 and 01-04 sport trac are white face with green back light
the other way you can go is check speedhut's web page. at one time you could do custom gauges with any light, and and face color and get a design put on and do it in both mph, or kms like i did

DSC07545_Medium_.jpg

picture.jpg

ive had these for about 7-8 years. they are overlays, and i have never had a problem with them. they come with there own power supply

95-97 are black face with a blueish green back light
98-01 (00 sport) are black face with green back light
01-03 and 01-04 sport trac are white face with green back light
the other way you can go is check speedhut's web page. at one time you could do custom gauges with any light, and and face color and get a design put on and do it in both mph, or kms like i did

DSC07545_Medium_.jpg

picture.jpg

ive had these for about 7-8 years. they are overlays, and i have never had a problem with them. they come with there own power supply

Interesting! If I were to swap to a white faced cluster, would it be as simple as plug and play? Or is it like my old Chevrolet, where it has to be from another 2WD etc.

Back