Intake Manifold Spacer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Intake Manifold Spacer

When you do the phenolic one make a couple of them so we can buy a few.:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my offer to buy is still open if the price is right.

Good work Ryan, now get to work for the SOHC crowd, and keep your thumb out of the works. Regards,

Don....LOL, THANKS.....7/3 will be 1 yr. since I cut my thumb off, and they re-attached it.....Works PERFECTLY.....still a little numb on one side, and that may never change.

I hope to have a few parts in stock this week and I'll have to wait a couple weeks for another paycheck and I can get the rest of the stuff needed, and I can get these things made...

Price and availability TBD

Ryan

That's excellent, medical science has come a long way. I had a friend that almost lost his arm from being crushed in the scissor section of a roll back. He has almost normal function after two years. I cut my middle finger deeply last year with a kitchen knife(cutting through a melon). Watch your kitchen utensils, some of them will hurt you fast.

DIBBS Im in if u can make em let me know price

I`d like to have one myself if you start making them up to sell. Looks like you could have a good business on your hands.

Re:

I'd buy :)

sooo ryan, since you're doing the 5.0 swap any interest in selling your spacer? :p:

BTW, I cut off my thumb 12 years ago, table saw blade through the lower joint, I ended up with a fused joint and lost the tip due to lack of bloodflow, tells you what kind of difference 11 years makes in the medical community eh?

Are you going to make any of these ? If so Im in...

I'd probably take one!

i made one when i rebuilt my motor because of this thread and got 200 miles on my motor but couldn't tell you if it helped or not but it does give you more room to pull your valve covers off!

Very cool idea, I think I'm going to go to the junkyard and try and snag one to make a spacer =]

Hey guys new to the site but i'd be interested in getting one too!!!! Or if you just wanna sell me that aluminum one when you switch materials that would be sweet too....What do you think this is going to set us all back?
Great job too
Azn Dan

I have one one the way for my 5.0L i hope it gives a little more low end torque. Being awd drive thats were it needs it.

10 year old thread again! well done!!
Lucky for us now you can just buy intake spacers for the 5.0
I run the 1" version on my trucks

Putting the plastic (phenolic) spacer between the lower intake and the upper does not exactly increase low end torque, I mean in theory adding 1" to the intake runner lenght will help an engine make more torque, but the big benefit is heat
By removing the metal upper intake from the engine block by way of a plastic spacer you are keeping heat soak from the engine block away from the upper plenum. So the upper intake stays much cooler, which keeps the incoming air much cooler, and a cooler air charge means more horsepower...........
You will need to source a couple of the long bolts...the intake spacer kits were designed for mustangs and their intake manifolds only had two long bolts, whereas we have 4. Fastenal or the like can get them in for you.........not a bolt that can be found in town easily.

I know i keep forgetting to check the dates on threads, some newbie stuff i know. Luckily i found a guy that makes them here and has kits pre made with longer bolts just for the explorers, i guess i could a link to him on here if this picks up more viewers. I am now trying to figure out just how i am going to lengthen my egr tube. I assume i am just going to lightly bolt into place find a good palce to cut and weld a piece in to take up the slack. I will also be doing a B&m shift controller 24lbs injectors and adjustable fuel regulator while i have it apart i already have a high pressure FP

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you can bend the new EGR tube into shape no chop cut welding required, just a vise and some patience

No power adders will do you ANY GOOD until you get rid of the factory exhaust manifolds
The stock manifolds are robbing your 5.0 of the power it can make NOW so they are your smallest bottleneck and nothing you do will result in more power to the wheels until you get rid of them.
You can change throttle response, sure, but your v8 is being choked by those factory manifolds. I would NOT do any fuel mods until you get the engine to breathe.......otherwise its money wasted.

The early 96-97 manifolds are the WORST! 98-01 only got slightly better, but with3 ports feeding through one tube the size of my middle finger this v8 is not flowing any additional air anytime soon....adding fuel will not do anything to help you. The factory exhaust is also very restrictive

First thing we do to a 5.0 AWD looking for more performance:
Ditch the factory manifolds
Ditch the AWD

trust me, I have been specializing in these 5.0 trucks for many years.......

Back