intercooler | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

intercooler

Guys, I just got finished adding an intercooler to my truck. Got the Flu and a bacterial infection this weekend and due to bad weather had to cancel on the installation of my 42# injectors and a tuning session with Doug. Looking for a reschedule towards the end of March. I still will be running a 50/50 mixture of meth.

Attachments

• 13a.jpg
    13a.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 858
  • 16a.jpg
    16a.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 851

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

05greyedge said:
well if hes running a MAFs then how? blow thru or flow thru? what size or what was the donor vehicle? who calibrated it?

My MAF has not been recalibrated like Pro-m junk used to be. I am using a stock Lightning MAF and the transfer function has been "adjusted" in the SCT software. No probs. Also as rocket stated the draw thru setup is optimal. Blow thru's are a pain.-J

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

jah81592 said:
I am using a stock Lightning MAF and the transfer function has been "adjusted" in the SCT software.

That is what I fiigured you did. I didn't want to speak too much for you though. Yeah, to heck with Pro-M, those are plain old school now. ;)

I agree pro-m just plain sucks. Never had any luck with them.. I will eventually try the 95mm C&L Lightning meter, just to see how it works

jah81592 said:
I agree pro-m just plain sucks. Never had any luck with them.. I will eventually try the 95mm C&L Lightning meter, just to see how it works

If you plan to put more than 450rwhp down I would avoid the L meter. It pegs at about 450rwhp, even in a drawthrough application. I know it is nice to have a bigger bore MAS to be able to flow more air, but if the MAS element cannot meter that air then it is all for nothing.

With your F/I it would not hurt to go with a little smaller bore MAS (90mm) that has the electronics to be able to measure the air you will be pushing through it. Either way you will make about the same power overall (unless the L MAS is already pegged), it is just that one you will not be limited with and you will also have good resolution down low that will result in better driveability.

Being that I tune my truck with SCT Advantage software I usually go with their electronics too. I have both a SCT BA2400 MAS and also the BA2800 MAS for the near future when I will need that. When you swap from your current MAS to another one it will not be hard at all to modify the MAS trans table if you went with a SCT meter because we already have the .scv files on hand to be able to do so. Not trying to sell you on SCT itself, but just letting ya know that the L MAS will be limited in its capabilities.

if you have a v8 you can run 42# with a l-maf if you are running 60# the ba 2400 is the correct maff and if you are running 72# or bigger the correct maf is the ba 2800. these are not exact because every car is difrent and may max difrently or flow air difrently but this pretty much the sizing for the flow for those mass airs. now of course you can make almost any mass air work if you have the curve for it but getting one with a curve that is correct for your app is better. now if you use some sort of maff extender then all bets are off and you need to go with what the person tunning the car is ok with and works. personally a blow through maff is cool in some way and bad in other. there is always more then one way to get the job done it is a matter of doing the way you feel best about.

Back