• Register Today It's free!

interior lights won't turn off

dansnyder22

Reaction score
City, State
Ogden, Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT, 5 speed
my interior lights in my 93 wont turn off. i had to disconnect the battery so it wouldn't drain it. the problem started today. it is as if a door is open but they are all closed. where is the switch on the back door that makes the lights come on i couldn't find it and i suspect that that is the problem.

any help is appreciated

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

bump

please I still cant figure this out

Easy!!! you just click on:D

Attachments

• search.JPG
    search.JPG
    1.3 KB · Views: 1,690

Turn your headlight nob to the right and see if that fixes it. My wife did that a couple times.

Mine are stuck on as well , I just pulled out the bulbs. Although I can say , based on what I've seen it's probably the headlight/dome light/dimmer switch.

Hose the crap out of the latch mechanism with WD/40. They get dirty and sometimes they wont make contact to complete the circut.

I had the same problem with my '93 Ranger, dome light will not turn off. I drove it for a couple of years with the the bulbs out of the sockets. Now I am rehabing the truck for my teenager, who will be getting a license soon. After doing several hours of trouble shooting with no success, I had to think logically, the dome light came on while driving and would not turn off. Duh...the problem is probably in the door jamb switch. I checked the switchs and found that the passenger side switch would not return to normal position. Took out the switch and the plunger end was nearly broken off. Replaced the switch and problem was solved. Save yourself some time and grief...check the switches first.

#1 pull the door switch as TORKWRNCH suggested #2 the switch for the hatch is in the latch itself on the passenger side. the main harness connector for the hatch is at the top just inside of the truck, if you gently pull the black rubber boot out of the truck side you should see it then just disconnect and see what happens to the lights. #3 pull the headlight switch to see if the carbon coil hasn't dislodged from the ceramic disk. since im close, if your still having problems PM me.

Back