Interior speaker help and suggestions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Interior speaker help and suggestions

DKKOsty

Reaction score
City, State
New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 XLT
Hey guys, I have another question about my car audio. I have a 1999 Ford Explorer XLT. Here's my setup again:

-Clarion ProAudio DXZ655MP deck
-(1) 12" JL Audio W0 powered by a Kicker ZR240 Amp (bought from a friend)
--- It is in a sealed JL Audio box that can hold another 12". Each have their own chambers.
-(2) 12" MTX subs (not sure what kind, doesn't say on the magnet) powered by an MTX RT251D Amp (bought from another friend)
--- In a sealed MTX box

I currently still have my stock speakers installed. The front right and back right crackle at all times, so they've got to be blown. Does anyone have any suggestions on good door speakers at a relatively inexpensive price?

Ok, now I know this isn't the best thing for the output on my cd player, but I also have (3) 6 1/2" Pioneer 4 Ohm speakers connected. I have one wired with the front right stock speaker, one to the front left, and one to the back left. The ones wired to the front speakers I have hanging from the "oh sh*t" handles facing outside. When I turn up the volume and roll down my back windows, I can be heard way before you can see me. I absolutely love how my truck sounds since I did this, although I know it's bad.

I'm wondering just how bad it is? I've had it for a month or two now and everything works fine when I put a CD in. My AUX adapter is crappy so I can't hook up my IPod until I get a good one of those. What can/should I do to be able to use the Pioneer speakers where they are without screwing anything up? The only thing that I can think of that wouldn't including wiring the sets of speakers together is to look for another amp that has a high-pass crossover to wire them to. Any suggestions for an amp? The Pioneer speakers are 220 watts max, 50 rms. I could probably make an adapter and put them in place of the stock speakers, but I know my music wouldn't be as loud as it is now.

I actually got pulled over about two or three weeks ago for disturbing the peace at 6:30 pm. The cop was a complete d**k, but my brother's a cop so I guess lucky me :) Thank you so much in advance.

Back