Is SYNC Services Subscription worth it? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Is SYNC Services Subscription worth it?

Hi Sunny32_1967,

You are correct. The complimentary subscriptions changed in 2012. Vehicles with MyFord Touch receive a one year free subscription. After that expires, it's $60 a year to renew it. :)

Rebecca

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Sunny32_1967,

You are correct. The complimentary subscriptions changed in 2012. Vehicles with MyFord Touch receive a one year free subscription. After that expires, it's $60 a year to renew it. :)

Rebecca

Hmmmm, maybe I shouldn't say this out loud, but we bought our Limited in December 2013. I've never renewed it or paid for it and use it a few times a month.

Hmmmm, maybe I shouldn't say this out loud, but we bought our Limited in December 2013. I've never renewed it or paid for it and use it a few times a month.

SHHHHHHHHH. Now you've done it!

The Ford minions will be at your house tonight (or maybe next Thursday, they haven't decided yet) to remove your Services. Don't laugh...I've seen it done. Little tiny gremlin-like creatures with big noses squirrel away under the hood and do something and the next thing ya know BOOM! Sync Services requires a fee. My neighbor has never fully recovered.

:D:D

I'm glad it's a one year free subscription as I thought it was 6 months, so that's coming up soon for me. Now I can take more time to decide. Right now, I'm leaning towards not subscribing for one main reason:

It irritates the heck out of me that I can check movie listings in the area, gas prices, hell, even the damn weather looking at a 5 day forecast. But the one thing I would use the most--sports scores--for some reason only permits use while the vehicle is parked. If they want to claim that's for a safety reason, I would give them that, except I can look at all the other things while driving, which would be equally unsafe.

Now that the MFT update integrated Siri, I won't use Sync Services for scores, so I doubt I'll upgrade when my year expires.

Back