is there a leaf stuck in my hvac fan!? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

is there a leaf stuck in my hvac fan!?

LONO100

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bay Area CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 sport trac XLT
hey fellas, the other day i turned on my heater and heard a whirring as if there was a baseball card getting slapped by the fan. so every time i flip on my fan, i hear this whirring, slapping noise. could this somehow be a pine needle or leaf that got sucked into the fan? where should i start to troubleshoot this problem? thanks in advance fellas.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, in my experience, those things do seem to end up in there. I guess the diag would also be the fix, which is just remove the blower motor and see, if so clean it out. Not sure, but there might be a way to lower the glove box and peek in at the blower, but removal is best bet.

From my experience when it starts making that whirring anoying noise the bearings in the blower motor are shot.

its not so much of a whirring like in a bad alternator, its more of a slapping like something is caugt up in the fan. im going to take it apart tomorrow and see if there's just something in there. if not im just going to get a new blower and slap it in.

Had that same problem. It was a receipt in the blower under the glove box

Back