• Register Today It's free!

Is this amazing?

4D X

Reaction score
City, State
Mn
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996-97 explorer
I removed my old engine w/o messing around with the transmission, just making sure the torque converter stayed inside the transmission. Dropping in the new(used)motor it was binding up on something, so I shook it back and forth and BLAM it slammed down on the mounting pins and basically slammed right into the transmission.
What I think is amazing is that torque converter bolts were lined right up perfectly with the new motors flywheel holes. And I had been spinning that thing at least a couple times getting it ready for install.
What could be the odds of that???? or am I missing some not so amazing aspect to this happening?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If it dropped in that easy odds are its because you forgot to do something and will have to repull it. Going in the 2nd time will take years of frustrated attempts and Jack Daniels.... At least that's my experience on things like this.

Hey, sometimes things happen like that. Doesnt mean you missed something. I hope that sucker just slid right in and you are on the road with a smile. :burnout:

Guy...I hate you.

I had to try installing my "new" engine three times before I finally got them to mate up. What a PITA---I never want to do that again.

Back