• Register Today It's free!

Is this an APIM problem?

chrisx

Reaction score
City, State
Nassau, Bahamas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer limited
Hey guys will attach a video but what's happening is that the radio will come on, I can control it from the touch screen and the radio knob but the AC keeps cutting on and off. Look at the video and you will see what I mean. Anyone ever experienced this issue. Please help. Thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is no video attached to look at. I'm a bit confused (normal state) as to the reference between the radio and the A/C. The radio seems to be working normally and the A/C will turn ON and OFF depending upon the need. Perhaps the missing video would make that connection clearer. Just to be certain, when you mention AC you are referring to the Air Conditioning, right?

Peter

Don't know what happen, but here is a link to the video.

Tried to play it and it says "This video is private."

Peter

ok video is public now

Hey guys, I've done a master reset a few times with the same results. I've been to the dealer a few months ago and they upgraded the apim firmware but still the same results. If I remote start the ac blows but after going to a regular start the ac cuts off and the capacitive buttons are not responsive until about 5 min later. Wondering if I should try to pull the fuse for the ac.

Hey guys, I've done a master reset a few times with the same results. I've been to the dealer a few months ago and they upgraded the apim firmware but still the same results. If I remote start the ac blows but after going to a regular start the ac cuts off and the capacitive buttons are not responsive until about 5 min later. Wondering if I should try to pull the fuse for the ac.
I think the APIM has been pretty much ruled out now. I doubt pulling the fuse will have any affect but no harm in trying that. If you don't mind losing your saved settings then you could always try the battery disconnect for 10 minutes or so if the fuse pull didn't work. The info on the buttons not being useable is a new twist. Is that for all buttons or just the A/C control?

Thanks for that clarification Shaay.

No problem, Peter!

Peter

If you want to see if there is anything you can do on your own to correct this issue, please reach out to my colleagues in the Ford Service department. You can contact them by:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FordServiceUS
Twitter: https://twitter.com/fordservice
Phone: 1-800-392-FORD

For immediate assistance, please reach out to your dealer, or locate one here: http://www.ford.com/dealerships/locate?gnav=header-finddealer

Shaay

I would guess the control panel is bad.

Thanks guys, will reset by pulling the fuse to see if that gives any different results. Thanks for the contact numbers Shaay, will give them a call tomorrow. Will report back as i go to update the threat and in case anyone comes across this issue.Thank you guys for your input.

Thanks guys, will reset by pulling the fuse to see if that gives any different results. Thanks for the contact numbers Shaay, will give them a call tomorrow. Will report back as i go to update the threat and in case anyone comes across this issue.Thank you guys for your input.

Anytime!

Shaay

Back