Is transmission trashed or a 1 of a kind? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Is transmission trashed or a 1 of a kind?

ozzzzy8

Reaction score
City, State
missouri
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 mountaineer 5.0 AWD
I am having major issues with my transmission thats in my 98 mountianeer i've never seen a transmission act like this one. All was fine untill my radiator busted i had radiator fixed the tank with tranny lines that run trough it was busted. The truck drove fine for about 2 weeks i noticed trans fluid leaking and i accidentally over filled. So i got the fluid to the correct level. Now the truck will drive in reverse no problem. It will drive foward after u drive in reverse for about a block then you have to get the truck rolling foward about 50 yds and get the rpm's between 2500-3000 then the transmission will stay in gear as long as you keep the load on the transmission (holding foot on brake keeping rpm's up) if u come to a stop or put in park it starts all over again. While it goes foward it will shift trough all gears even over drive. Any feedback will help Thank you Bill The fluid is clean and has no smell.

Back